Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

2 days ago something went wrong with my radio. Astra H 1.7CTDI (2008, CD30 screen)I cannot listen to my old channels, cannot listen to radios on FM. Instead some crazy numbers appeared on my screen.
I still can listen to any on the AUX cable, but not on Radio.

Here are some pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5HxitvWA7RAps3pf2
And a video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vspYcV3GFlFFnoBv1
The consol is like this one: http://forum.opel24.com/uploads/post-9026-0-82521200-1341068049.jpg

Have anyone seen similar? What went wrong, or how can I fix it?
The battery was not disattached (last time in december, but it remembered to all my settings after a day without battery)

I've tried already pressing the AS/TP/REG/RDS buttons once-twice-long pressing them etc.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
26,608 Posts
That’s your computer data showing on the screen , it’s as if you’ve selected to see that screen come up on the display .
Are your steering wheel controls working ok ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s your computer data showing on the screen , it’s as if you’ve selected to see that screen come up on the display .
Oh, really? And maybe can you tell me what kind of computer data? (I don't want to only solve the problem, but learn from them also)

Now I went out to check again it, and pressed the wheel controls, everything worked as usual. And in a miraculous way all was set back and my radio settings are back again. However, I have no clue how/which button made this.

·
Super Moderator
26,608 Posts
Oh, really? And maybe can you tell me what kind of computer data? (I don't want to only solve the problem, but learn from them also)

Now I went out to check again it, and pressed the wheel controls, everything worked as usual. And in a miraculous way all was set back and my radio settings are back again. However, I have no clue how/which button made this.
Usually you press your BC button to access the data that you’d got displayed . So radio ok now ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello again,

tomorrow it happened again, but this time no magical turning back to normal mode.
Have you ever faced it, or do you know how to intendedly do it back? What buttons should I press?

I tried again several combos but it didn't help

Thanks a lot!

·
13,324 Posts
Could try disconnecting your battery for a few hours which will force a module reboot once you reconnect it.
No need for a radio code so don't worry about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have right now the the required 6point wrench now to loosen the terminals of the battery. And I would like to have better solution (to understand why and what is happening), not only a escape path

(but I cannot figure it out, I have to do so as you wrote it)

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
With the radio on, hold down settings until you hear a bong, I think you have test mode turned on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts