Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just bought a Vectra 2 litre estate. Very pleased with it, but there seems to be a lot of play in the gear lever. I had a 2 litre Cav before which has the same engine and I assume the same gearbox and that didn't have anything like as much play. Is this normal for Vectras or is it a fault I need to rectify?

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
The plastic block on top of the selector wears out

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Easy to do- just two little clips that hold it all together

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry to seem dim but I've had a look and I can't see what part you mean. Is this at the gear lever end or the gearbox end? The man in the parts department pulled up the exploded diagram for both areas and neither of us could see what part you're referring to. Any chance you could give me a bit more information?

Thanks

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
On top of the gearbox where the gear lever rod connects to the selector rod that pokes out of the gearbox

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for your replies.
Presumably I can't reach this from inside the car? Is it a jack it up and get underneath job?
I'd look it up on the EPC but for some reason the copy I got with my TIS cds won't run. Installs ok but gets an error when I try to run it.
Would it be possible for anyone with a working copy to look up the part number for me? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts