Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put a flat flywheel on a later (pot type) F20? Seen a lightened one and would like to have it. Clutch needs doing soon anyway.

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
COLINSRI said:
Can I put a flat flywheel on a later (pot type) F20? Seen a lightened one and would like to have it. Clutch needs doing soon anyway.
Yep... Can swap them about... Only thing is if it's not got the access plate then it will still need to come off to do the clutch.

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vauxmaster said:
Yep... Can swap them about... Only thing is if it's not got the access plate then it will still need to come off to do the clutch.
Its got the access plate but as its a pot in there i beleive it needs to come off anyway.......I think :rolleyes: .

·
8,709 Posts
COLINSRI said:
Its got the access plate but as its a pot in there i beleive it needs to come off anyway.......I think :rolleyes: .
Yes... even with the access plate if it's got the pot flywheel it has to come off.

But fitting the flat flywheel will mean it can then be changed through the access plate in the future! :Cool2:

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vauxmaster said:
Yes... even with the access plate if it's got the pot flywheel it has to come off.

But fitting the flat flywheel will mean it can then be changed through the access plate in the future! :Cool2:
Thankyou.....Are the clutches the same and do i need to change anything else if i convert to flat type?

:Cool2:

·
8,709 Posts
COLINSRI said:
Thankyou.....Are the clutches the same and do i need to change anything else if i convert to flat type?

:Cool2:
I think there is a difference?

Although I maybe thinking about the F28 having a different number of splines than the F16/F20 boxes! :think

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK thanks.........Anybody else know?

·
Gas Powered
15,285 Posts
The flat flywheel has a pot shaped pressure plate.

the pot flywheels have a flat pressure plate.

Later F20s didn't have removable input shaft, so you may still not be able to change clutch with the box on, although a new one now will outlast the car.

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Mark.

Would it be easier for me to buy an older type F20 and change the flywheel for the lightened one rather than trying to get it to fit my new f20...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts