Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a 1.8L 95 plate Cavalier LS.

I have had a problem with the engine cutting out every now and then.:cry: The Engine Managment Light flashes when this happens. Luckily when i switch the ignition off then back on again it clears this flashing light and she will start again but sometimes it has to be turned off a few times and i one case left for a few minutes but then ok again.

Some times the light doesn't start to flash untill i turn the key to engage the starter motor.Other times she starts then cuts out.She hasn't cut out whilst driving yet.:crying_2:

Does anyone know what this light flashing means? I know it means there is a fault if the light comes on but that usualy stays on.

Thanks inadvance
Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I saw that and i'm going to do it but i thought someone might know why the light flashes instead of just staying on like i thought i is suposed to do.

But thanks for you info.
Steve

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Its simply registering a fault in the engines ECU. The car flashing the lamp while your driving is to tell you this.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
if the light is flashing on start up then this is telling you there is an immobiliser fault , if you have a spare key try that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The immobbiliser fault makes sence cheers. I'll give that a try and see if it happens again.

I'm sure it isn't just recording a fault i have had the light on before when a fault was active and the light just stayed on for a while till the fault was no longer active.
But cheers for the info.

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cav TD gls You were right it is the immobbiliser.
I have just checked the fault codes and it was "85" immobbiliser Wrong signal.

Cheers for you help
Steve
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]85[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Immobiliser[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wrong signal[/FONT]

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Nice 1, glad you got to the bottom of your problem :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts