Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good website which offers Flash tutorials?

I've only found CBT cafe but that's a bit too basic.

Any ideas?

Cheers

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
What sort of stuff you trying to do? Basic animation or action scripting?

If your looking to do some of the coding stuff search out "action script" it's the flash way of coding

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs

Dave.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave. Yes, it's the techy bit I need. I'm basically trying to make something like this for my university.

What I don't know how to do is... how do you make it remember what setting you've chosen? I.e. once I've selected which wheels I want, how do I go to the next keyframe to choose, say, a spoiler, and have my selection of wheels remembered?

Do I use different movie clips for different parts and have the buttons on the right control the movie clips?

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Thats a fair amount of work to do!

I made something a lot more basic than that years ago, and you load seperate flash files into 'frames' using actionscript, I wouldn't know how to make something as complicated as the link above.

This is what I came up with in my subaru owning days :lmao:
http://www.witchalls.com/scoobywheels

Best to search out the specific action script forums for what you want to do mate :)

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not gonna make anything as complicated either. Because it's only meant to be a prototype, I'll only have 2-3 changable settings. Maybe colour, alloys and a spoiler or whatever is the easiest to do :D

That subaru file looks excellent if you ask me! The only different thing I'm gonna make is that you'll click on the parts, rather than drag and drop them. Stops people putting alloys on the roof, etc :D

Fingers crossed....

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
That won't be too hard then, shame your not nearer I have some training material from the courses I did (Flash 5, and using action script in Flash)

The colour change one is fairly easy I recal as long as you dont want it 100% perfect, parts one should't actually be too bad, if they are colour coded it could be tricky, but you could prob reference the colour to the variable of the car colour :lmao:

And prey tell... whats wrong with Alloys on the roof? :lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The colour change is easy if you draw something yourself. All you need to do then is change the colour you've used, which is 2 seconds.

But what if you use a real photograph, like you did in that Subaru file? How would you go about changing the colour on that?

Check this out, I have to complete this file and write a 12,000 word report by Tuesday :lmao: The joy of being a student

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Colour change wise (I'm struggling to remember, that subaru thing was one of the last things I did in flash, and that was 2002 :lmao:) you can create a layer above the object cut round the edges, add some transparancy and amend that

Prob a better way of doing it though tbh, as I said, not touched flash in a long time. Shame really, I should make the effort to learn again and make a VxON wheel thing! Maybe when I've got more time

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That could work. If it doesn't, I'll just forget about the colour and stick to the wheels etc.

Anyone know where I can get some good sideways shots of a couple of vauxhalls? They don't seem to have a gallery on the site :rolleyes:

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
To make it work better make sure you desaturate the colour of the car body in photoshop first :) - Not the best way of doing it, but a nice quick fix for tuesday ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts