Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we want to make a big impression at the shows and we are thinking Flags are the way forward ;)

I've had some priced up (by the people who did the EXCELLENT banner) and the quote is:

2x 6m Portable flag poles with Car base plates (car wheel runs them over)
2x 650mm x 1765mm Printed Flags

£485 Delivery...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
is it worth getting a few other quotes at all ( although the good point is that you have seen the work from this comp )
what about flags that each member/ car can have on the car ( bit like the england flags you get for footie season ) :)

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Interesting.

Any example images?

Edit: Ditto Micky's reaction to the price.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
How healthy are the clubs funds? not worth it if it runs it dry, but if the bank ballance is looking heathy I say go for it..... makes a statement at the shows :)

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
£485 seems a lot of money, but flags do stand out above everything else....if the funds can sustain this purchase then I would say yes....We need to make a statement.....LOUD, PROUD AND HERE TO STAY!!

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
yeah, lets not foget the price includes 2 portabe flag poles too.

i cant get my head around the base description tho.

but yeah, as said, if it aint gonna skint us out, get them done

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
ADA-V said:
i cant get my head around the base description tho.
It's a long plate, probably a foot x 1.5 foot with a hole for a pole at one end and the idea is u park a car so the plate is held down by the wheel.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
ADA-V said:
yeah, lets not foget the price includes 2 portabe flag poles too.
Si and Andy could easily pass as flagpoles..... and they drive themselves to the venues lol

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
LSI said:
Si and Andy could easily pass as flagpoles..... and they drive themselves to the venues lol
:mmmm :rolleyes:

Easy tiger! Just cos I'm half your bodyweight... :p

·
Banned
0 Posts
Thats CRAZY money for two flags and flag poles, think maybe show attendance for one or two shows then see what membership you get from that then think about it.

·
15,300 Posts
There is a company near me that do flags and banners, they supply loads of big garages (Ford etc etc) and companies, might be worth giving them a call for a quote. (Plus I can pick anything up and save on p&p)

Zephyr Flags & Banners - 01832 734484

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
What was the price without the poles?

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
erm, im not being silly but i think that there are a few of use on here that have the skills to knock up a flag pole like the ones explained for next to nothing. Mebbe its worth going down that route or at least seeing if anyone would be willing to give it a shot?

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
blotto_otto said:
erm, im not being silly but i think that there are a few of use on here that have the skills to knock up a flag pole like the ones explained for next to nothing. Mebbe its worth going down that route or at least seeing if anyone would be willing to give it a shot?

not a bad idea, tbh.

couple of 5' lengths of scaff pole.
weld a cup to a large plate
maybe foot long spikes on the underside

never in a million years gonna come to more than £100 in materials to knock a couple up.

good idea paul. :up:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts