Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:Cool2: im in the process of buying 2 brand new front wings for my cav sri,i have already fitted a brand new bonnet with new bonnet lifters,i was just wondering how hard it is to fit them.and how long roughly to fit 1.thanks.willie

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depends on how well you want them to fit really.

20 mins, will look so so.
A lot longer and will sit to factory finish panel gap wise etc.....

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Easy, the hardest part is getting all the gaps right afterwards, just a case of adjustment though.

There is a bolt at the bottom on the sill, one at the top behind the door, several down the top under the bonnet, and I think its two under the bumper at the front.

also one under the headlight going onto the front panel, you will need to remove the headlight to get at it.

Also there is the plastic rivet near the front holding the arch liner on.

HTH:)

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:Cool2: ive already took the headlights indicators out etc to replace,hopefully will manage ok,cheers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Make sure you remove any mastik on the old joint area as this will upset the fitting of the wing. Best to use some more when re-fitting to stop metal to metal surface touching as water will get in and rust everything.

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wil do mate.cheers:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Easy, the hardest part is getting all the gaps right afterwards, just a case of adjustment though.

There is a bolt at the bottom on the sill, one at the top behind the door, several down the top under the bonnet, and I think its two under the bumper at the front.

also one under the headlight going onto the front panel, you will need to remove the headlight to get at it.

Also there is the plastic rivet near the front holding the arch liner on.

HTH:)
and don't forget there's one behind the wing that you can't see. Need to remove the kick panels in the footwells and pull back the sound deadening. There'll be one hiding in there. Just don't drop it as you'll never get it back!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
When you fit the new wing, offer it up to the car and put the top bolts in first but don't tighten. When you have all the bolts in place, close the front door and insert a couple of wooden spacers into the panel gap - then push/pull the rest of the wing to fit and get someone else to tighten all the bolts fully whilst you gold the wing in place. (top bolts and lower sill bolts obviously as the top rear bolt is hidden by the door and the centre rear is under the kick panel!) It can be done on your own but the side that I had help with was MUCH easier!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts