Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vauxhall Nut
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I found a couple of how too's on the wiring, but how do I actually fit the swtich? As I think the coin holder is actually moulded into the centre consol!

And I have dials from a 2.0 8v Cav, will this have the speed sensor I need on the back of them?

Cheers,

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Cutting the coin holder in the centre console is very easy. I've done it myself a few days ago.

Just make sure you have the switch facing the right way round :lmao:

·
Vauxhall Nut
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scharatz said:
Cutting the coin holder in the centre console is very easy. I've done it myself a few days ago.

Just make sure you have the switch facing the right way round :lmao:
Which way round does it go actually? All the bits are at home (im in the hotel in Nottingham for the last night after a months training on my new job!)

Will be home tomorrow night (friday 24th), and will fit this comp on saturday ready for the sunday meet!

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
The oval button is the closest to the front of the car and the round button is the closest to the back.

It's important you bear this in mind when measuring the hole to cut because the fittings are different on different side of the switch so you can't just turn it around. I'm talking from experience here, mine's the wrong way around now :lmao:

·
Vauxhall Nut
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Succes, The fuel comp is in, I cut out the coin holder for the switch (and got it the right way round!) all I need to do is the final wiring for fuel sender and ecu, I had to make my own loom for the switch, and I used the original wiring from the standard digi clock (which I was surprised to find included a speed sensor?!)

·
Vauxhall Nut
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Atlantean said:
There was a speed sensor wire going to the DID :eh Why would there be? Did you not have the yellow plug?
I couldnt find the yellow plug, so I thought i'd just do it my way, and using the haynes manual and how2s on here, turns out I had the:

Red - 12v
Black - Ignition
Brown - Ground
Grey/Black - Ilumination
Blue/Red - Speed Sensor
Blue - Temp Sensor
Blue/White - Temp Sensor

and they all were in the plug on a normal digi clock/temp display!

I just cut the plug off, and wired to a yellow plug I bought from someone on here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts