Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy/difficult would this be to do? What parts and work would be needed? And what are the costs involved?

Also, how noticeable would the difference be?

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
nope... not even then :) never had any bother with the LS's steering.

the only cav ive driven that had noticeably lighter steering was my mates redtop SRI... but thats cos it was lowered so much that pretty much all the bushes etc had gone.. and the steering wasnt entirely related to what the wheels were doing :)

i switch from my CDX to an LS on a daily basis.. and i can rarely notice the difference... if anything the LS with its narrower tyres is a bit lighter.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not that much of a difference then

Would still like to know what is involved in fitting one though

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
Not that much of a difference then

Would still like to know what is involved in fitting one though

just a straight forward rack change , i put 1 off a 16v sri on my td & i could feel the difference straight away , doesn`t feel much different round town but on dual carriageways it feels loads better , more responsive.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
In the brochure it says 3.3 turns lock to lock as opposed to 3.4. Not worth the effort.

Get a quick rack, that's 2.5 :D

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drive an Alfa 147 on a daily basis and that has a 2 turn wheel from lock to lock. Seriously.

It makes is so much better to drive, and of course easier to park.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Would this then be why my SRi feels more 'direct' on the motorways but twitchy on fast bumpy roads?

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
Most quick racks just reduce how far the wheels turn therefore less turns lock to lock so they actually make parking MORE difficult.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Most quick racks just reduce how far the wheels turn therefore less turns lock to lock so they actually make parking MORE difficult.
I don't get it.

If I have to turn the steering wheel 2 times instead of 4 times to do a reverse parking manouver, how's that more difficult?

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh, I get it now. But the car I drive (Alfa 147) actually turns the wheels as much, if not more, than the cav, whilst only needing 2 turns of the steering wheel to do that. Thus making the parking manouvers a doddle.

I thought that's what quickracks do? :think

1 - 20 of 24 Posts