Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, as the title says i have a radio that i would like to fit. The car has wires sticking out of it (where the radio should be)which are live (as i found out the other day). First steps are what exactly? I am asking because the person who said they would fit it isn't doing. So i have thought i shall do it myself, is it difficult?

Thanks in advance:bananasmi

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Might help if you mention the brand of stereo you're trying to fit.

I take it it's for the car mentioned in your profile?

·
a visitor from far away..
236 Posts
The car has wires or connectors sticking out?

If these are connectors than you just plug in the ISO connectors and that's it. Eventually if the radio cant remember radio stations, etc... than you switch the red and yellow wire (ign and +12V)

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
Hello, as the title says i have a radio that i would like to fit. The car has wires sticking out of it (where the radio should be)which are live (as i found out the other day). First steps are what exactly? I am asking because the person who said they would fit it isn't doing. So i have thought i shall do it myself, is it difficult?

Thanks in advance:bananasmi
if your car has bare wires with no connectors then pop down local scrap yard and cut the connectors out of a car similar to yours, then use butt connectors to connect it into your loom colour for colour. if your stereo has no connectors also then just connect up using bullet connectors following this wiring info;
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/ice-security/255656-vauxhall-radio-connections.html:beer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for responses so far

Well there are no connectors. Thought it was a case of attaching the wires together by twisting them. Should i disconnect something before i start messing with wires? The zzzzz noise can be frightening!

The radio is a basic pye one passed on by a friend (from the arc ages) There are 3 sets of 2 wires (6 altogether!). 2 sets for left and right speakers and a red and black wire connected to a small black box. There are far more wires sticking out of the compartment than that!

I like challenges!:Cool2:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Use the diagram as suggested by CDX.

You only need the power connections to get it going.

Disconnect the battery before doing any electrical work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts