Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
1,127 Posts
Yep, Torque pro, dials are Medium size and VXR style, you can download it from the themes menu.
I don’t understand my app,i have issues where it will only work when ive had the battery off and after reconnect of battery try torque and itl link to car use it that one time and on next start of car,it wont connect to ecu ,the elm327 connects to stereo through wifi but wont let me link to car

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Which xtrons model do you guys have?

I found a couple on amazon about £200 and although mostly good reviews, there are some terrible ones with things like power on issues, lag, slow response etc.

Wanna get the right one.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all

My close friend is selling me his Zafira B, which I have already borrowed for a couple days to do a trip away earlier this week. She drives lovely!

I do have a few questions though. For info, I also have an Astra H, and a Vivaro, so keeping it in the family 😂

Its a 57 plate 1.8L petrol Design.

It does have some minor issues to sort, some of which I have already fixed in a few hrs.

So here goes.

1. On the clock its done 117777 miles, so I asked if the timing belt had been changed. He said its not actually due because early on the cars life, for some reason it had a new engine and the true mileage is around 77000 miles, with receipts to prove.

My question is, if its had a new engine, wouldn't they have reset the clock? Or can I request for it to be done?

2. One of the previous owners, for some unknown reason, wired what looks to be a microwave thermostat dial to the radiator fan. It was used to control the temperature at which the fan kicked in (so I'm told). Since my friend's had it, it stopped working (he thinks he fiddled with it too much lol).

Anyone know why on earth they would possibly do this?? And if I rewire to bypass this dial, it should put it back to the way it should be right?

3. All 3 cigarette sockets are permanently on. I dont mind for the other 2 but the one in the front I want to only come on with the igniton because my dash cam only puts itself onto parking mode when power is cut off.

In my Astra there was a spare ignition live under the cigarette socket. Is there one in the zafira too?

4. I want to fit a double din android touch screen head unit. Found a few on amazon around the £250-300 mark that look quite good, but not named brands like Kenwood/Sony/Pioneer etc. Anyone fit similar and can recommend?

5. I have already replaced/fixed the interior lights with 6000k LED lights, for pennies. Are there any other cheap & easy upgrades I should consider? I'll upgrade the exterior lights to HID Xenons at some point. Also have some retrofit parking sensors to fit.

Thanks in advance!
Little update, thanks for the replies guys.

Spoke to my local garage while the astra was in for mot and he said the same - kenlow.

No idea how to fix it though?

Also, dig through the receipts, and found one for a timing belt kit dated the same time as the engine swap 🙂

The replacement engine and gearbox had 66k on it when fitted in 2016 and the car mileage was noted as 109k. Its only at 117k now! Only done 8k in 5 years 😁

Having a little poke around the car did trigger some other questions though.

I found a switch in the drivers footwell, with a black lead leading somewhere to the bottom front of the car. Cant trace it past that. Flicking it on and off doesnt seem to do anything. Any ideas guys?

Also, what do you do for cup holders? The one under the handbrake is basically inaccessible, especially as I'm a midget and have the seat (and therefore armrest) directly over it.

I'll attach some pics to next few posts
Hi
I am by no means an expert in cars or mechanics but i had a very bad experience with a zaffy B that had done 127k miles.... and had been pretty idol in recent years.... no end of leaking seals etc
The mileage is irrelevant as long as the cars been well looked after.
Hope you get the issues sorted and have better luck than me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all

My close friend is selling me his Zafira B, which I have already borrowed for a couple days to do a trip away earlier this week. She drives lovely!

I do have a few questions though. For info, I also have an Astra H, and a Vivaro, so keeping it in the family 😂

Its a 57 plate 1.8L petrol Design.

It does have some minor issues to sort, some of which I have already fixed in a few hrs.

So here goes.

1. On the clock its done 117777 miles, so I asked if the timing belt had been changed. He said its not actually due because early on the cars life, for some reason it had a new engine and the true mileage is around 77000 miles, with receipts to prove.

My question is, if its had a new engine, wouldn't they have reset the clock? Or can I request for it to be done?

2. One of the previous owners, for some unknown reason, wired what looks to be a microwave thermostat dial to the radiator fan. It was used to control the temperature at which the fan kicked in (so I'm told). Since my friend's had it, it stopped working (he thinks he fiddled with it too much lol).

Anyone know why on earth they would possibly do this?? And if I rewire to bypass this dial, it should put it back to the way it should be right?

3. All 3 cigarette sockets are permanently on. I dont mind for the other 2 but the one in the front I want to only come on with the igniton because my dash cam only puts itself onto parking mode when power is cut off.

In my Astra there was a spare ignition live under the cigarette socket. Is there one in the zafira too?

4. I want to fit a double din android touch screen head unit. Found a few on amazon around the £250-300 mark that look quite good, but not named brands like Kenwood/Sony/Pioneer etc. Anyone fit similar and can recommend?

5. I have already replaced/fixed the interior lights with 6000k LED lights, for pennies. Are there any other cheap & easy upgrades I should consider? I'll upgrade the exterior lights to HID Xenons at some point. Also have some retrofit parking sensors to fit.

Thanks in advance!
8k miles in 5 years would be a red flag to me. Too low. Cars need to be driven...

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
598 Posts
Which xtrons model do you guys have?

I found a couple on amazon about £200 and although mostly good reviews, there are some terrible ones with things like power on issues, lag, slow response etc.

Wanna get the right one.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Mine is an Erisin, specifically this one:

Can't fault it.

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
598 Posts
I don’t understand my app,i have issues where it will only work when ive had the battery off and after reconnect of battery try torque and itl link to car use it that one time and on next start of car,it wont connect to ecu ,the elm327 connects to stereo through wifi but wont let me link to car
I had issues with mine connecting to my existing xtrons branded adapter, it would connect once, then never again.
In the end I replaced it with the Erisin adapter and it's been largely spot on since. There is the odd occasion where it won't connect, but it will the next time. I think it's to do with the order the bluetooth devices connect to the head unit, its definitely bluetooth related because if I disconnect both the adapter and my phone and re-pair them, it connects straightaway.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts