Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
cavweb's alcoholic
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the new clutch fitted to my gsi today and its made me enjoy driving it again. i was getting sick of it but this is what i needed to keep going with it :cool:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Did you change the clutch via the access plate, and gearbox end plate.? Or do you have the later type?

Well done though:up:

·
cavweb's alcoholic
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i posted up some pics as it is the now . . not quite finished but more or less the exterior is done.

i have the access plate. i had to end up going to a garage though as i didnt have the tools to do it myself. only charged me £30 and the clutch was a bargin at trade price too so very happy really.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Dangerous Dave said:
i posted up some pics as it is the now . . not quite finished but more or less the exterior is done.

i have the access plate. i had to end up going to a garage though as i didnt have the tools to do it myself. only charged me £30 and the clutch was a bargin at trade price too so very happy really.
Thats a good price. You dont need many tools really, just the clutch spring clips, a torx socket, and circlip pliars

·
cavweb's alcoholic
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it was the clips and circlip pliers i was missing. the guy is really sound. i just went in cause it was at the bottom of my mates street. turns out i used to work with the guy a while back at another garage. i would go back happily seems a busy wee garage.

·
member no 638
2,570 Posts
where did u get it done?obviously wasn`t maybury garage or malcolm would have pimped your ass to pay for it:lmao:

·
cavweb's alcoholic
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wee garage down granton. i'll find out the name cause i've forgot it.

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
C3MKY said:
Thats a good price. You dont need many tools really, just the clutch spring clips, a torx socket, and circlip pliars

the clutch spring clips are the hardest bits to get, eh micky;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts