Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
22,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The the ground clearance issue i have been talking about since i got the car...now with actual pictorial (Taken with phone) evidence ;)

As you can see, there is very little clearance at the bottom of my drive, between it and the lower bumper...taken carefully it doesnt scrape, but if i drop the front end off at any speed, it catches :grrr

Yeah OK some might say 'its just the corner splitters'...and yes they are the closest thing to the ground as it is, approx 1.5cm between them and the surface, but the front lower edge of the bumper isnt that far off the surface really...so any drop, even 30mm from Eibachs, would simply be stupid to do...and removing the spitters is not an option, as they look crap without them.

So i hope that gives some explanation to why it really is impractical for me to lower my car :)

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
What tyres have you got ? look like Goodyears .

·
Jeff fa faaa
8,454 Posts
Why do people get so worked up about someone elses car though? this is what i can't understand.Its HIS car,so upto HIM what he does with it.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Who IS bothered then?

A couple of people have mentioned that it'd probably look better lowered, which is an opinion, and opinions are welcome are they not? lol

There's also been a few comments, most likely in jest too...... but we do that all the time anyway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
put some of them bouncy things in ur car, that make ur car bounce off the ground.. and then bounce it into the drive... avoiding ur skirt...

Darren.

·
15,300 Posts
No one is bothered or annoyed about it, its just been an ongoing joke and bit of fun.
We all realise why he cant lower it.

Just get the damn thing lowered! Mine used to scrape on the drive too :p

·
22,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wait till the 'jacked up Calibra' freak gets back from his camping holiday :)
Oh yes indeed, i cant wait...no doubt some amazingly intelligent humour yet to come...

Why do people get so worked up about someone elses car though? this is what i can't understand.Its HIS car,so upto HIM what he does with it.
Exactly Chris...I began to think no one believed me about my drive, so that is why i took some pic's to prove the situation.

Who IS bothered then?

A couple of people have mentioned that it'd probably look better lowered, which is an opinion, and opinions are welcome are they not? lol

There's also been a few comments, most likely in jest too...... but we do that all the time anyway.
"A couple of people"?..."a few comments"?...fecks sake, nearly everyone that commented on my car has said about lowering it.

All i can say is its a good job i dont get all neurotic like certain members do when a non-positve comment is said about a car.

·
15,300 Posts
"A couple of people"?..."a few comments"?...fecks sake, nearly everyone that commented on my car has said about lowering it.
I would imagine most people mentioned it just to carry on the friendly banter?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts