Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, brand new member here so apologies if I’m asking questions that have been asked before or posted to wrong category, I did try having a look before making a new thread.

Ive recently bought a ‘55 Tigra and I’m looking to do some cosmetic bits to it, but I am by no means a car expert so thought it best to check for answers to some questions before I start spending money.

My first question (which I’ve searched google extensively but can’t find a clear answer) is how can I change the cover on the handbrake lever. Not the leather gaitor, I’ve seen how to do that. I mean the plastic handle with the button. I’ve bought a replacement that is a hollow metal cylinder which presumably slides over the handbrake lever. My question is, how do I get the original one off? It looks like it’s made of two pieces of plastic, silver and black. Also is removing and swapping the button a simple enough task? The replacement I’ve bought includes a chrome handbrake release button but I’m reluctant to get started without being sure I know what I’m doing in case I break the whole thing!

Second question; is the front bumper the same as on a Corsa or Astra? I need a new front bumper as the current one has a sizeable hole in it but finding tigra parts seems difficult as it wasn’t a very common car (as far as I can tell, happy to be corrected). I know the engine is based off the Corsa so I wondered if some of the body work was interchangeable too? It looks superficially similar to the Astra’s from the same time but wanted to check before buying one. Can I search for Astra or Corsa parts instead? (And if so, which models?)

Third: the boot/roof. It still works but sometimes it seems to struggle to open. I’ll press the button and the boot will whirr but move very slowly and only open partially (more presses will open it all the way eventually). It almost seems like it sticks on one side when it first opens. The roof also sometimes struggles. When closing both sometimes the mechanism will just stop and I’ll have to release to press/hold again but it does eventually close. Sometimes though it seems fine! Does this description narrow it down at all to something I can fix at home or is it a case of ‘could be any number of things, go to a garage’.

Thanks in advance for any help, probably further questions in the coming weeks but hopefully enough to get started on.

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
16,139 Posts
The Tigra B has the Corsa C chassis and some of the Corsa C clocks.
As far as I know the front bumper won't fit from a Corsa C, try a breakers.
Have you checked the battery voltage, prior to starting and during tick over? This could cause hood/elec issues if it's getting down.
No idea about the handbrake lever mind.

·
14,815 Posts
Just change the handbrake lever it will take you a fraction of the time to try and get the handle part off it.

Reactions: Boroboy and andy_v
1 - 3 of 3 Posts