Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All, I think i have a problem with me car, the problem is as follows.

when the car has been sat over night it's a pig to start, after i wait for the glow light to go out, it takes about 10 - 30 secs of cranking to get it started, I think this may be the run off pipes from the injectors but haven't got around to looking yet.

but also once started the engine light comes on until i rev the engine and then it goes out and doesn't come back on until i do the same thing the next morning, if i park up and leave the car for a few hours. then it starts with no problem and i don't get the light coming on.

when cold there is almost no power in the engine until the turbo kicks in, it's better when warm but still not quite as i would expect from a 2Ltr diesel.

also i don't think i am getting as good MPG as i should, I am currently getting around 40 to 45 MPG but i would expect more as i am driving at 60 at the moment to try and save fuel, out of the 60ltr tank i only get between 500 to 600 miles, from that size tank i would expect more than that.

it got a full service just before xmas when we bought it so i know the filters etc have been done. I am guessing it's a sensor that might be out but i am not sure which on or where to start on replacing them.

I have on op-com and plugged it in a few weeks a go and it gave a glow plug error which i cleared and it hasn't come back, I haven't checked in the the last week but as the light goes out I'm note sure a code will be stored.

any help would be very much appreciated

cheers

tom

·
Registered
117 Posts
i think the engine light coming on when you first start and then goes out when you rev is down to glow plugs not working,i had the same thing,once new glow plugs fitted it was fine,also had the same problems starting car as you,renewed link pipes and then the injectors seals and it was sorted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips, I have heard that the glow plugs can snap in the engine when you try to change them, does this happen a lot or is it worth giving it a go myself and hope that they don't snap?

·
Registered
243 Posts
plenty of wd40 on them when enigine is still a little warm let it soak then plenty more wd40 then be gentle with the rachet half turn at a time with more wd40 in between turns...have changed these few times before doing them this way with no problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.