Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Worn Out Member
8,058 Posts
@srivaux it may pay you to think about investing in an HQ clone or at least a china clone running the 2013 software

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
See someone on ebay selling laptop with upto 2014 with global tis and wis on it for £195. You guys think thats worth it or a bit on the expensive side ?

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
I can only vouch for what i know works, the Opcom/Vauxcom above is a HQ clone and works as well as the genuine one i now have using the latest software, all the others i hear of dont work correctly, all the china clone opcoms claiming to work with the latest software/hardware dont work, the HQ clone is a closely guarded secret in the Opcom cloning world. LOL ,,..... GlobalTis is ok if you need to do software updates or ecu programming but you would need a Pass-Thru device thats J2534 compatible like Tech 2, CarDaq, Mongoose,etc,etc, for it to work.

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
Ask the seller before you buy mate, im running it on an old XP laptop but i suspect it will install and work on newer systems, the genuine one does and this is a proper copy of the genuine item, not one thats mass produced in china.

·
Worn Out Member
8,058 Posts
I've used an HQ on a few different laptops but not W10 so far,my preferred system is W7 or XP,not sure about the HQ not being made in China though,
the 2 i own have genuine pic and ftdi chips but the circuit isn't there to diagnose anything on the CH can network on later cars

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wish i could buy the genuine one but not really worth the outlay for something i only use on my own cars. That one is no use g4vvq it only goes upto 2010 one i have goes upto 2012 but still wont give me measuring blocks on 12 plate corsa:(

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Wish i could buy the genuine one but not really worth the outlay for something i only use on my own cars. That one is no use g4vvq it only goes upto 2010 one i have goes upto 2012 but still wont give me measuring blocks on 12 plate corsa:(
Yes i think if you speak to the provider it does actually do newer...might be worth an ask...

·
Worn Out Member
8,058 Posts
don't bother, that one runs the 08/2010/100219 software,i think he does a later version that's not on ebay it may be worth asking the price
pm @Koicarpkeeper on here

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Think that may be the one i already have that i got fault code with but no measuring blocks will message him and see

·
Worn Out Member
8,058 Posts
It's all down to the year of the software,if i get time later i'll try my various versions and see what year/version software(if at all) the measuring blocks were added

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok thanks valer have messaged koi aswell should have stuck to pre 2010 cars but thought i wpuld save myself some elbow grease with less rusty bolts to remove

·
15,645 Posts
If what you buy costs less than £500 it is made in China.

Reactions: g4vvq1983

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
The interface may well be made in China but the HQ clone side has nothing to do with China, the one in the link can be updated online....who else gives you that.. no one i know....once the Chinese get hold of it they wont cost the best part of £80 and it wont work either.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts