Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got this fault code on a 2012 corsa d with a17dts engine. Has anyone else had this ? Not sure whether to just replace or not as read a few post online saying something about greasing connectors with special grease etc any thoughts appreciated thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No luck cant get measuring blocks option is just faded out car musnt like talking as i can get all measuring blocks on 57 plate we have! On the plus side code cleared with car running and not coming back on at the moment. From post i saw on dutch gm site they mention this fault coming on at start up

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
Did you try connecting as a different model, say Meriva with the same engine code, it may give you live data then or try a different engine code, say the A17 dtr or Z17DTR if its listed, it should still give you the same live data if it works.

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
The sensor may be reading out of range (to high/low) at start up which would explain the fault occurring then, if thats the case then look at the data with Ignition on engine off then see what it reads once you start it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No joy wont give me live data just says ecu negative response to request on any corsa engine and if i chose astra or meriva etc shows me lists but with no values on right hand side just red lines. Im assuming both corsas i have have same sensor so first thing is to swap them out if there same part no etc see if fault swaps to other car i suppose

·
Worn Out Member
8,058 Posts
If your using the 08/2010 or 100219 opcom software try connecting as Zafira B A17DTJ,if it connects, have a look in additional data list 2.
The field remedy for the code on yours say the issue is still under investigation but it also says this about it.

In case of customer complaint please read out DTC and check freeze frame data..

If signal for vehicle velocity is equal to 0km/h, please proceed as follows:

1. If signal for vehicle velocity is equal to 0km/h, please proceed as follows.
    • Ignition on (Engine off)
    • Check values of exhaust temperature sensor 1 and exhaust temperature sensor 2
      Note: Both values must be within a range of 10°C. In case not, please remove plug from connector and apply special grease, part number 9163339 to both connectors of exhaust temperature sensor 1 and exhaust temperature sensor 2.
  2. If the problem re-occurs, please replace the electrical connectors of both exhaust temperature sensors, use the wiring harness repair kit.
    • Carry out the correct working procedure “Exhaust Temperature Sensor Replacement” of the mentioned vehicle.
  3. If signal is > 0Km/h, please advise customer to apply double clutching with declutched transmission accordingly. This condition mostly apply to customer living up hill with long idling period during down hill driving. To avoid cool down of combustion chamber double clutching as described is required.

Service Part Name:

Service Part Number:

Special Grease*
Wiring Harness Repair Kit

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ye thats post i saw somewhere else which would make sense as we do stay up a hill but other car has been up here 3 years and never had a problem will try zafira as it must be only model with a17 engine i didnt try. Can you tell me actual part number for sensor 1 itself i see a few on ebay and if swapping them round helps i may buy it as new is around £80. Thanks for onfo valer

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
N
Ok got this fault code on a 2012 corsa d with a17dts engine. Has anyone else had this ? Not sure whether to just replace or not as read a few post online saying something about greasing connectors with special grease etc any thoughts appreciated thanks

Something i found on the Web...Fred.

Error code P2080 is specific with the exception of which EGT sensor is having issues. My guess is the G235 (pre-turbo) pain the arse one to get to but I want to be sure before i start pulling parts off.
I know it's bank 1, but that doesn't help me out much either as I don't know which one is bank 1.

I've searched and was never able to find an exact answer, anyone able to help in pointing me to which sensor it would be?

Whats weird is I don't have the P0544 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit error everyone else seems to get. Why oh why do they make so many different error codes for the same thing.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited... why i let her talk me into blue i'll never know...
1997 Jeep, or whats left of one... my play toy.

·
Worn Out Member
8,058 Posts
I'll be able to check the part number for you in the morning,try the Zafira option on opcom if it doesn't work then you can always buy a later version that runs more up to date software.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope no luck at all cant read any measuring blocks im using vauxcom 120309a atm also got older opcom 100219a but no joy with either

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ye g4vvq can get full fault code not just live data to check. full fault code says exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 performance but i cleared yesterday with car running stayed off till today then had to have car running to clear again strange it will clear with car running but not stopped and doesnt return after sitting for a few hours not been anywhere in it either

·
Worn Out Member
8,058 Posts
The 2 temp sensors are
55574938 SENSOR, EXHAUST TEMPERATURE (POSITION 1)
55564270 SENSOR, EXHAUST TEMPERATURE (POSITION 2)

Reactions: g4vvq1983
1 - 20 of 49 Posts