Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ,
Engine management light came on and fault code 227956, looking like egr valve ? Or air intake somewhere ? I’ve recently had new exhaust though ? No loss of power yet

·
12,337 Posts
Engine??????

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
It could be egr. Take if off and clean it. Failing that, on mine it was the swirl flaps leaking. Does yours have any ?

Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is EGR easy to remove and put back ? I don’t know what swirl flaps are ? 🤷🏻‍♂️😏

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Egr is easy to remove. Plenty of youtube videos on this. Is yours the 150bhp version they have swirl flaps for sure.

Bill

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
For the egr ? Its quite easy . If ypu have a 10mm and 13mm spannner or socket to remove the bolts that is. Dont lose the two metal gaskets down the back of the engine if you do it yourself.

Bill

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Sorry i misunderstood swirl flap leaks can be bodged in situ or garage job if you want it doing properly. Depends on your finances really. I glued mine and its been fine over 12 months later.

Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool , thanks for the reply’s , il have a look in the light of day as money is tight in current circumstances. Stay safe

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi again. , I’ve had a look and noticed this had come off ! Would this be the problem ? I’ve no idea what it is but looks like it sat on 4 small things that turn !

·
12,337 Posts
That's your swirl flap link bar.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Thats the rod that connects your four swirl flaps. Its quite usual to find that theyve fallen off and sitting on top of the inlet manifold.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Not at this time ! I dont know how long mine was off before i found it. My car was running fine and i popped it back on . I had code free motoring for many months/ years afterwards. Line up the swirls and re attach. Swirl number 3 does not move as that is controlled by an actuator rod. As you look at the engine from the front of your car. (Battery on the right)
They are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Have a look for residue around each swirl and up and down movement which would indicate an air leak and which brings up the 227956 code.

Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks very much for your reply , I noticed the 3rd one didn’t move and thought that was a problem . You’ve helped me out a lot there . Happy isolation weekend !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts