Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, eml light has suddenly appeared on my daughters 1.0 corsa c 2001 so i duly carried out the pedal trick and came up with fault code 0141, can anyone throw some light on this please, all responses will be much appreciated, the car still drives ok, thanks

·
Premium Member
16,284 Posts
that codes refers to sensor 1 (front) heater circuit, check the wiring and if its ok could be the heater gone in the lamber sensor

·
Premium Member
16,284 Posts
Just a little bit more information for you, if you have a multimeter you will be able to do some tests on the sensor, with the front lambda connected you should have 12v between pin 1 (one of the end pins) and a good earth, with the ignition on, find this first to establish pin 1, this is the voltage for sensor going in, if you unplug the sensor with the ignition off you should get a low resistance of between 4 and 10 ohms across pins 1 + 2 of the lambda sensor plug, ive just measured 2 lambda sensors ive got spare and one shows 4.9ohm and the other shows 5.8ohm, the lower one is a universal sensor, the higher readings from a original sensor, my data book shows it should have a resistance of 10ohm at 20 degrees, lower resistance for lower temperature

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
Sorry to disagree with my learned colleague but I think you will find P0141 is the heater on sensor 2 (after cat)

·
Premium Member
16,284 Posts
Sorry to disagree with my learned colleague but I think you will find P0141 is the heater on sensor 2 (after cat)
Yes you are correct, my mistake, tests are the same though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts