Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA Cavgsi4x4turbo
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wired the boost guage light in. i took a supply off the side lights feed from the fuse box and earthed it on the chasis but now i have the check control saying there is a bulb out. its never worked before even with blown bulbs but im guessin its coz of what i did. how can i sort it? any ideas?:Cool2:

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
just curios, where have you positioned tha guage?

just wondering if had been easier to take the light feed from somewhere else, like the light feed to cig lighter, but i guess it deppends on location of your guage, coz you would have to run more cable 4 my idea to work

·
AKA Cavgsi4x4turbo
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snail said:
just curios, where have you positioned tha guage?

just wondering if had been easier to take the light feed from somewhere else, like the light feed to cig lighter, but i guess it deppends on location of your guage, coz you would have to run more cable 4 my idea to work
its on the dash far rightnext tothe piller and i really wanted it to come on with the head lights and its fused right too then:Cool2:

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
yes i see what your saying, remember that some items on the dash swithes are lit once headlights are put on.

Anyways, additional question, you say that the check control light comes on, but does the guage light up? and are the other bulbs within the light up?, it might be down to your "earth"

·
AKA Cavgsi4x4turbo
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea everything works fine i might double check the earth

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
i have to be honest when i say i havent fitted guages, but as far as the lighting wires are concerned, red/black???? for me to explain what i`m thinkin bare with me,
red being + which goes to fuse`s, which you have done, imagine that the headlights are same colour cables
where is the black for headlights? put yours in the same place, i know this makes no sence, but i kinda hope you can see what i`m trying to say

1 - 7 of 7 Posts