Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do a lot of miles in my Cav TD but after driving around in a nice shiny Disco the other day i've decided the seats in the Cav are feckin' uncomfortable. Presumably it isn't too dificult to shove in some seats from a newer model so the question is what seats have the most adjustability/support as standard? Do any other Vauxhall seats fit a Cav no bother?

TIA

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Nooo, not sure on Mk3 Astra seats (which won't be any better anyway), but I know that the later Vectra seats won't fit without some extensive work.

I assume your TD is in LS trim? If so GLS seats have lumbar support and are much easier on the back, there's also CDX seats that have the same lumbar support but nicer materials, or even leather seats, again with lumbar support, but slightly firmer obviously, and they look great.

I have the leather and it's heated so not too cold in the winter, but in the summer you could fry an egg on them lol.

For comfort, CDX cloth has to be about the best.

·
22,199 Posts
Worn Cav seats are pretty bad...the sports seats aren't too bad, from the SRi or GSi or even the Turbo leather.

You can put Vectra B seats in a Cav, but i dont think they are that great either personally as there is some sort of anti-submarining thing in the base, which i find quite hard and uncomfortable on long journeys...Omega seats are probably the best of the range...I think its just a case of swapping the subframes across.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Ive seen some really cool red leather seats from a m3 bmw that i wanna try and retro fit in me calibra. was gonna recover mine, but with 270,000miles of ass, theyve gone saggy.
you'll struggle mate. the seat bottom on the BMW's had a plastic moulding that bolts to the subframe, rather than the usual metal that you can weld to. you'd need to get your subframe modded quite extensively to get them in. they are nice though.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
I just thinks its cheaper to get some seats from a scrapper, than pay the grand or so to get me originals re-upholstered.
definately mate and im with you on it. just the M3 ones will give you headaches. they're possibly worth it though as they're really nice. an easier swap would be some from an E34 5-series (mid 80's-mid 90's) as they have metal bases and there's a few about. you'd have to get the sport ones though as the others will look nice but you'll fall out everytime you go round a corner.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Worn Cav seats are pretty bad...the sports seats aren't too bad, from the SRi or GSi or even the Turbo leather.
Totally agree about the SRi seats, I drove 240K in mine and whilst a bit tatty they were still comfy. Should be plenty in the scrappers too, maybe stick up a thread in the wanted section?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts