Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just read Mark T's excellent how to on doing the above but i'm a bit worried I may not be able to pull it off. Has anyone tried the conversion themselves and how did it go? Looking at the size of the original flywheel I would imagine that made an amazing difference just by itself! I would think the car must fly with the closer ratios. Anyway...opinions greatly recieved :p

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
i just sold my v6 with the f20,and there is no doubt mate the diff is amazing the car really did have alot of power,and torque,only thing was it had no traction control.it was a 2wd cav gsi b4 it so couldnt get the power down to ground most times and the torque steer was really bad,mines didnt have many mods,chipped,decat,px induction,plus there was a straight thru exhaust onto a magnex bk box,i would recomend it tho as the diff is alot:Cool2: :Cool2:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I considered this when i removed my gearbox on my V6 to do the clutch. It looks straightforward enough to be honest, though what stopped me was being told it obviously revs higher in top gear due to the closer ratio... i spend alot of my cars time when im using them at higher revs, so for me it was a economy choice.

That said, if you nail around town with only the ocassional motorway journey id imagine its pretty bloody nice....but ive more than enough power (looking on here id say around 230hp) to enjoy it even with taller ratios in the F25.

Depends what you want...if acceleration is more important that outright speed then id go for it....but for me im more interested in crusing at 100 on the motorway. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas, I hardly ever use the motorway so I dont have to worry about economy too much thankfully. If/when my clutch gives up the ghost (it makes some funky noises when I press the pedal down sometimes) I think i'll give this one a bash. Only part that really concerns me is changing some parts from the F20, linkage and mounts, to make it all work. Mark's how to is brilliant but when I read that part I started to wonder lol. Cheers chaps. :bananasmi

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V6 Cav, have you done many mods to your car as I wouldnt mind the kind of shove that youve got! Cheers mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts