Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If I remember correctly it isn't a bolt head.
I think there are only 3 bolts.
The one you cant find is a sort of locating pin/bush
Loosen and remove the 3 you can find then pull the seat out.
Fitting in reverse,locate onto the bush first.
,then insert the 3 bolts

·
14,553 Posts
Is that lagging really held on with plastic tie wraps (zip ties)?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Really really lol
If they melt I will obviously have to sue eberspacher for my money back for selling "non insulating" fibreglass lagging

·
14,553 Posts
When I lagged my silencer I used stainless steel lock wire and Rockwool type insulation I "borrowed" from work where it was used on the furnaces running at near to 1,000°.
Don't think your heater is likely to get that hot though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
So having used this heater regularly over the winter and especially in the spring pre lockdown I can not fault the performance ,heat output ,noise generation of this cheapo chinese diesel heater.
It runs almost silently,(from the inside perspective)
Starts everytime without fault.
During the winter I remotely started it from the key fob on my bedroom windowsill when alarm woke me at 430 am for an early shift with a heavy frost and freezing temperatures.
It does need about 30 minutes to get winter temperatures down ,but the glass defrosted and the cab was toasty .
I have been under the van today to inspect it ,
And the position chosen means there is is no appreciative road crud on it.
No water Mark's, no soiling, no detritus .
It looks brand fire new.
The insulating eberspacher glasdfibre tube does look like it needs a wash,,but that is much more exposed than the heater body.
This is fantastic value for 95 quid.

Highly recommended product ,and sighting position
Regards

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Thanks for the update. I just bought one of these and I'm planning on fitting it in the same location. Unfortunately I have a full tank of diesel and nowhere to go, so I won't be lowering the tank till August probably!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Rear vent into cab
Other one is under passenger seat ,warning up front glass etc
Flash
No flash
I would say tho,,,,it is very power hungry,
Make sure you have a full healthy charged leisure battery.
Like anything drawing g several amps for a while it can take its toll.
But an amp is an amp is an amp
And eberspacher and webastos cant redefine what an amp is .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
This thread was a huge help to me in deciding to fit the heater under the floor, positioning the standpipe etc.

I didn't have time to wait for a bracket to arrive so I made an enclosure out of some steel. Also, as my van is a 13 plate it has a DPF which reduces the space available.

I will probably add a bit of extra heat shield between the heater and dpf but to be honest it probably isn't necessary. The OEM fuel lines and wiring all run through the same area and are fine, plus the hottest thing in that area is likely to be the heater exhaust itself.

Will probably lengthen the exhaust purely for safety but our CO alarm stayed at 0ppm while running.

These cheap heaters are great. Primed twice then started up. Very smoky on the first run but then ran clean. Surprisingly quiet once up to temperature, which doesn't take long in these vans as there's not much space to heat.

Only one thing bothers me and that the heater does get hit by road spray and water from floods. Don't know if this will affect the heater at all, the official external mounts for eberspachers etc leave them much more exposed.

@kratos have you had any bother with water affecting it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,I've just recently fitted a 5kw chinese diesel air heater.
It is fitted externally, and I'm going to put some pictures up.
This will not be a step by step installation guide ,but an overview of the position chosen and routing of pipework and electrics etc.
I chose an external fitting to save internal space and reduce interior noise.
Hi can you please tell me what heater you got, or the link to the one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello this post is unbelievably helpful as i am about to fit on my Vivaro and this looks like the perfect spot for it. just a couple of questions
1. how do you make sure no metal chips dont go into the fuel tank when drilling it.
2.does a 2012 vivaro have a DPF filter where the heater is going to be mounted

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
hello this post is unbelievably helpful as i am about to fit on my Vivaro and this looks like the perfect spot for it. just a couple of questions
1. how do you make sure no metal chips dont go into the fuel tank when drilling it.
2.does a 2012 vivaro have a DPF filter where the heater is going to be mounted

thanks in advance
1. The tank is plastic but you should hold a small tub under the drilled area to catch swarf. You might need an assistant for this.

2. It might. My 2013 does but I've installed the heater there anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. The tank is plastic but you should hold a small tub under the drilled area to catch swarf. You might need an assistant for this.

2. It might. My 2013 does but I've installed the heater there anyway.
ah thanks for the reply. so would someone have to hold some sort of pot inside the hole of the tank while i drill is that what you are saying. thanks again

21 - 37 of 37 Posts