Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 1.8i petrol club 5d 138bhp 1796cc Z16XER

My Exhaust is making a disgusting noise like rattling / Scraping.
I had a quick look and knock around and it was a bit loose but not knocking against anything, I asked a Mobile Mechanic to have a little look at it as he was sorting a friends car out.

He said its the Centre Silencer, I've looked online and they seem to quite pricey and they say to make sure it fits right. Some of them on ebay say 'Due many variants please contact our sales team to ensure the correct fitment'. I cant find the size anywhere online in specs or in the Haynes manual but on Eurocar parts it says fitment detail 1860mm.I want to spend as little as possible as the car is going to be sat outside the house soon for a good 7 months. Ive rang round my local scrap yards and car breakers and they say they don't do exhausts.

Any where else I can look up on or shall I wait till my MOT in next few weeks just incase it isn't that part

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/models/1/
Try here with you vin number and it will tell you what was fitted when it left the factory. Atleast then you got information to go off it also might be good of you try gumtree as there's zafira being broken on there and might be able to pick up more of the system for the price of the new middle section.
I don't know if it will help but It could also be the rear box due to it rattling.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks @loffty01 , will try the link when I figure out where my VIN number is.

shall I just wait for my MOT then and see what they say?
I was going to put it in for a service aswell as ive had it nearly 4 years and ive not put it in for one ive just done bits and bobs myself like syphoning steering pump, spark plugs. If it doesn't cause me a problem or isn't broken I don't fix it

·
14,127 Posts
Your VIN should be displayed at the bottom of your windscreen when looking from the outside into the car.

Reactions: loffty01

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
First of all your engine will be 18zer not 16zer if its a 1795cc (y)

As said get the part number from the above website as there was a few different parts numbers with different fittings used depending on engine and use it to cross reference it.

However my money is on this :)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182313835257

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts

As said get the part number from the above website as there was a few different parts numbers with different fittings used depending on engine and use it to cross reference it.

Same shape box's as I fitted recently to my z18xe zafira A (just the flange fitting for the back box) but I bought that else where Europarts I think + discount was cheaper than that tho.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah it is a 1.8 thought I had put it wrong on my initial post but I hadn't.

Will get VIN number in the morning and double check against it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same shape box's as I fitted recently to my z18xe zafira A (just the flange fitting for the back box) but I bought that else where Europarts I think + discount was cheaper than that tho.
Okey dokies thanks. I'm debating on buying it straight away now with you saying it could be the back box as the exhaust pipe is a bit loose.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
The only real difference is the way the rear box attaches (flange /slip joints) .
There all the same length on petrol not sure about diesels tho.
I can fault the one I got build quality /fitment (same manufacture as the one in the link all I did was paint heat resistant paint on the welds due to rust over time) or the delivery not even 2 working days from ordering.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only real difference is the way the rear box attaches (flange /slip joints) .
There all the same length on petrol not sure about diesels tho.
I can fault the one I got build quality /fitment (same manufacture as the one in the link all I did was paint heat resistant paint on the welds due to rust over time) or the delivery not even 2 working days from ordering.
Cool, ive booked my MOT for Tuesday so will know what to get then. whatever is wrong with is along with the exhaust ill get parts and what ever I can fit myself I will but exhaust will get garage to as haven't got anywhere to lift it up.

Any advice on giving the underneath and under the bonnet a good clean?

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Best of luck with the MOT.
Fair enough at least it will be found and done tho. cleaning keep water away from the electrics. Household Steamer cleaners is great for removing oil. Other than that just a wipe over things will help

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Best of luck with the MOT.
Fair enough at least it will be found and done tho. cleaning keep water away from the electrics. Household Steamer cleaners is great for removing oil. Other than that just a wipe over things will help
Thanks im going to need it, 4 years and only put new clutch plate on, anti-roll bar drop link, spark plugs and new front tyres. Not had a service since ive had it either.

Ive got plenty of wet wipes, so I guess they'll do for most of it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts