Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then the plain old exhaust is getting swapped tommorow for the plantpot powerflow I got today.... I know that I need to cut into the bumper to accomodate it simmilar to what Dest has done, the size is almost like for like with his so I can judge by that. What is the best way to do this? mark up and then cut just under the line with a jigsaw then filing away the excess? Obviously I will have to leave a small gap so my trim doesnt melt lol.

And swapping the exhaust, the powerflow is off an SRi hatch (not sure 8v or 16v though) should be a straight swap right...... right??!! lol.

cia

Matt.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
LSI said:
Right then the plain old exhaust is getting swapped tommorow for the plantpot powerflow I got today.... I know that I need to cut into the bumper to accomodate it simmilar to what Dest has done, the size is almost like for like with his so I can judge by that. What is the best way to do this? mark up and then cut just under the line with a jigsaw then filing away the excess? Obviously I will have to leave a small gap so my trim doesnt melt lol.

And swapping the exhaust, the powerflow is off an SRi hatch (not sure 8v or 16v though) should be a straight swap right...... right??!! lol.

cia

Matt.
matt, if the zaust is 16v and yours is 8v then it will have to have the same treatment mine had grind down the sides of the pipes to open it up and then weld it on, if i came of a hatch and yours is saloon then i think you will have to have a piece made up as i dont think they are as long(i may be wrong but remove yours and then measure the length)

·
15,300 Posts
Make sure you make the cutout smaller than it needs to be at first!
You can always cut more off but you cant put it back on :lmao:

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whitebullet said:
matt, if the zaust is 16v and yours is 8v then it will have to have the same treatment mine had grind down the sides of the pipes to open it up and then weld it on, if i came of a hatch and yours is saloon then i think you will have to have a piece made up as i dont think they are as long(i may be wrong but remove yours and then measure the length)
Mine is hatch too mate, I think Ade said it come of an 8v but I cant be sure. Either way NE or SEH wouldn't make too much difference would it? assuming ofcourse it is an 8v one.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dest said:
Make sure you make the cutout smaller than it needs to be at first!
You can always cut more off but you cant put it back on :lmao:
Aye.... no beers for me tonight :lmao:

Whats youre space between exhaust and trim Mart? about 10mill?

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
LSI said:
Mine is hatch too mate, I think Ade said it come of an 8v but I cant be sure. Either way NE or SEH wouldn't make too much difference would it? assuming ofcourse it is an 8v one.
if its come from an 8v hatch and is going on an 8v hatch it will go straight on:Cool2: apart from if it was a 1.6 8v(the exhaust bore is smaller), but 20 8v's are the same bore

·
15,300 Posts
Probably not even that much TBH, I recon its about 5-8mm, so was cut pretty damn exact!
I can get some close up pics in the morning if its any help, or there is this one:

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats dandy mate cheers.

As you say I'll start off taking as little off as possible, and then go from there.

Cheers guys :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Dest said:
Probably not even that much TBH, I recon its about 5-8mm, so was cut pretty damn exact!
I can get some close up pics in the morning if its any help, or there is this one:

thats a sexy rear end:lmao: :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Danboy22uk said:
If its off Ades SRi fitting it is no probs its just getting that cut out spot on :Cool2:
Its off an SRi hatch he aquired..... you know of it then?

I'll fit it first to make sure it does fit before I do any cutting, if it fets pukka, then I will mark up and then cut out.

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
LSI said:
Its off an SRi hatch he aquired..... you know of it then?

I'll fit it first to make sure it does fit before I do any cutting, if it fets pukka, then I will mark up and then cut out.
I remember him posting about it when he was getting it.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whitebullet said:
sorry for the hijack matt, but have you heard from si yet, or did you tie him up and leave him at jamsport:lmao:
Feck that mate, he was my lift back lol.

He left my house at about quater to 6, I thought he had posted since..... I havent heared from him though :eh

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was working from 12 - 6 this morning mate, not been up long lol. Going over to do it now though :)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope :(

The bugger wouldnt budge :shame: It must be the original exhaust because we got the clamp off.... just, the rubber grips that house the rear mounting arm were a begger, but the backbox just wouldnt slip out the middle pipe. Tryed knocking, greasing, praying, swearing, kicking and punching.... just wasnt having any of it.

Might need some help with this one lol.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
LSI said:
Nope :(

The bugger wouldnt budge :shame: It must be the original exhaust because we got the clamp off.... just, the rubber grips that house the rear mounting arm were a begger, but the backbox just wouldnt slip out the middle pipe. Tryed knocking, greasing, praying, swearing, kicking and punching.... just wasnt having any of it.

Might need some help with this one lol.
somewhere on back box pipe (that joins the other part) there will be two slits opposite each other, get a flat bladed screw driver and ease them apart as far as you can and then wobble the back box and it should come off:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tryed tht mate but couldnt get the screwdriver in :shame:

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
LSI said:
Tryed tht mate but couldnt get the screwdriver in :shame:
make sure the screw driver is nice and flat and then just smack it in works everytime for me, of failing that go to your local exhaust place and as them to cut it of should'nt cost more than £5

1 - 20 of 27 Posts