Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Quick question were is the Exhaust pressure sensor located on a 2015 bi turbo vivaro?

Thanks.

·
If you want to save fuel buy a Camel & a shovel
350 Posts
I got one of them but never heard of an exhaust pressure sensor. Sure you don't mean a turbo pressure sensor. Which would be the map sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am getting this fault code
Error Code P0471: Exhaust Pressure Sensor Range/Performance
So is this pointing at something completely different ?

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
I'm not familiar specifically with the Vivaro B,but all th 1,6 D's have an exhaust pressure difference sensor,
as you can see from the pic they are at the end of the 2 difference pipes from the dpf,so just follow the pipes,of course it may just be a pipe gone rather than the sensor being faulty
Untitled picture.png

Reactions: evo628 and andy_v

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dpf sensor seems to be working correctly pipes are clear so am now at a loss to what's wrong so if anyones got any ideas what to look at next it would be much appreciated.
Also now coming up with check anti pollution as well now.

·
Premium Member
14,460 Posts
Do you have diagnostics capable of looking at the readings of the exhaust pressure sensor, you may find you have two sensors, one being a dpf differential pressure sensor and the other being a exhaust pressure sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I can read and clear codes that's about it at present.
I do have the software to do the old vivaros but am not sure it works with the newer models as I have misplaced my lead to connected the van to the pc which is typical.
My original question was about the exhaust pressure sensor location but know one seems to know if it exists never mind location.

·
Premium Member
14,460 Posts
Well some may have one fitted, its getting more common for manufacturers to fit both sensors now they have started to fit low pressure egr valves, im sure i done one a few weeks back on a Vivaro B where the pressure sensor was constantly reading 1 bar, from memory that was located at the back of the engine, again it will have a rubber pipe going to it but this time it will come from the CAT area instead of the DPF, same looking sensor though.
It may be worth trying to look at live data first, i think the newer Opcom software like 150406b will access what you need to look at.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your input Ill get back under it tomorrow and have a look if I can trace any hoses going off the cat but its a bit compact in there lol.
I have the opcon software but its quite a few years old so prob useless now and Ill need to update.

·
Premium Member
14,460 Posts
I would try your Opcom, you never know it may work,.. i know what you mean about compact, they seem to have masses of room behind the engine but restrict access by narrowing the actual opening/work area, done a dpf on a 65 plate A6 today, had to remove the bumper/front end??? wtf,.. to gain access,... lol.

·
Premium Member
14,460 Posts
If you can check the pipe running to the sensor, it may be blocked or burnt through, i usually use a mityvac to check for blockage, if you can pull a vacuum then the pipes blocked if its all good then the sensor will be faulty.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Found it......For anyone whos looking were the other exhaust pressure sensor is on a Bi Turbo (not the one on the DPF) check the pictures I've uploaded.
Its the one with a blue plastic circle around it.
What blue circle, or am I blind.

·
13,693 Posts
You're blind, I can see it.
It's part of the sensor.

Reactions: evo628 and andy_v

·
13,693 Posts
What blue circle, or am I blind.
I was initially looking for a blue circle drawn on the image to highlight the location and couldn't see anything till I went on my tablet and could see the blue band on the sensor.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Buggered if if I could see any circle, I must have washed my eyes in Steradent instead of Optrex that morning.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts