Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
everson38
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys

I have a Corsa D 1.2 2013.

I need to detach the front of the exhaust from the exhaust manifold, as I have a very slight oil weeping spot on my oil sump and want to drop sump pan and re-seal it. As most owners know the nuts that keep the exhaust and exhaust manifold together just rust away and I want to buy replacements in prep.

Does anyone know what size nuts they are (see screen shots below of studs / nuts I am referring to)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
14,762 Posts
Oops, looks like someone forgot the screenshot.

·
everson38
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the legend that is Andy. Thanks alot pal. Hopefully can find some.aftermarket ones.of this as £13 for 3 nuts, well...sounds nuts! Lol

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
And the legend that is Andy. Thanks alot pal. Hopefully can find some.aftermarket ones.of this as £13 for 3 nuts, well...sounds nuts! Lol

There are loads on ebay, just search for M8 flanged nuts. Alternatively, find a local industrial supplies company, they should be able to help you.
Here are some on ebay, stainless steel, so won't rust, just £1.40 for 3, delivered!

·
everson38
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are loads on ebay, just search for M8 flanged nuts. Alternatively, find a local industrial supplies company, they should be able to help you.
Here are some on ebay, stainless steel, so won't rust, just £1.40 for 3, delivered!
Thanks for this, now I can see that they are M8. I need to find out what the thread pitch is. I know I could just go under and test the stud , but was hoping for someone to know the the M8 X (thread pitch size).

Thanks pal.

·
everson38
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M8 x 1.25
And your sure sure sure about this mate lol. I just want to have everything ready to do the job and no hiccups (fingers crossed)

·
everson38
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heat the studs up,tap them out and nut and bolt them instead
Yeahh that is definitely an option, I'll do that if worse comes to worse, but can be bothered initially, aiming to do it OEM, even though I do believe this method better for future ease.

·
everson38
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that’s what we do at work coz the threads always atrip
Hey Pal,

Given me some good for preperation here. Never tdropped the exhaust before so will be a first and knowing my luck the will strip.

So to pick your brain someone:

1) When you say heat them up are you using a blow torch or just a heat gun.

2) When you say knock them out, is it a matter of simply using a hammer and knocking on the stud end one heated up?

3) Do you know what size bolts and nuts needed?

Thanks

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
971 Posts
We use oxyacetylene but a blow torch should be enough get the stud glowing red and either tap it out with a hammer or mole grips and wiggle it out,we use bolts with washer on side and spring washer the other with copper nuts

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
971 Posts

Using a normal bolt will be fine but the cooper bolts dont seize also put a bit of cooper slip on youre threads coz itlll make life easier for you if gou ever need to take it back off without damaging anything

·
everson38
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Using a normal bolt will be fine but the cooper bolts dont seize also put a bit of cooper slip on youre threads coz itlll make life easier for you if gou ever need to take it back off without damaging anything
You are a legend my friend. If I ever catch you in the west midlands area and out of lockdown, drinks are on me, appreciate you going so in depth

1 - 18 of 18 Posts