Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm after an uprate manifold for my cavalier, and they seem to be like gold dust.

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97771&page=2
Would one from a redtop fit? Or a 16v GSI? Whats the deal with the compatability?

Am i gonna have to hope and pray i find one for a 2l 8v engine or is it a case of the manifold says "cavalier" somewhere on it so it should fit.

Thanks for any help.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
why you after a performance on. i fitted one to my 16v cav and made no difference to it. i think im right in saying no the 16v wont fit a 8v, but there are some compaines out there that do them. get the lastest total vaux mag and look in there im sure there are compaines that do them. i would of thought regal do them.

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop - and follow the links...Sportex tubular 4-2-1 manifold and downpipe, £140.
i looked on there and completely missed it. Or i decided and wait and see if i could get a second hand one on here instead, don't remember :rolleyes:

Before i order one do i want the one for cavs that came with a cat or ones that don't. I don't have a cat fitted to my cav anymore and the wording of the ad is confusing.

that were not fitted with a catalytic converter.
Thats not me, mine was fitted with a cat.
that are fitted with a catalytic converter.
Not me, i don't have a cat anymore

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Joe, the front section you have is from an SEH, so would be the "weren't fitted with a cat" manifold that you need, as that'll bolt straight up.

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joe, the front section you have is from an SEH, so would be the "weren't fitted with a cat" manifold that you need, as that'll bolt straight up.
Bargin :Cool2: Guess i'll be having some fun next MOT trying to get through the emissions tests and stuff, especially if the cat won't bolt straight back on, but it's to be expected i suppose :bananasmi

Just annoying i'm paying more for an exhaust manifold than i did for an entire exhaust and decat system :p

Well while i'm ordering might as well get those new M3 styled wing mirrors i've been looking at. My current ones pull off with 2 fingers seeing as i've knocked the passenger side once and the drivers side was on the floor when i left work a little while ago :grrr I park my car where i can watch it getting hit now :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.