Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I have just notice a sound of hissing when I put my accelerator down, also when I had the heaters blowing to warm up the cab from cold on a snowy morning, it was blowing in what smelled like exhaust fumes. I lifted the bonnet and there seems to be a blowing coming from the top-back of the engine just below the wiper rods. Something has blown or split or come loose. Its a 2015 new shape Vivaro with 48000 on the clock. Already had a new radiator2 months ago as that had split but this blowing isn't coming from that area of the engine at all. I fear head gasket but I no very little about engines, or exhaust manifold?? Its a 1.6 Diesel (not the bi-turbo). I am still under warranty at this time but would a head gasket be covered, 48000 miles seems a bit soon? Please someones opinion or help would be greatly appreciated so I had some knowledge on the subject before I take back to Vauxhall. Please any one with a knowledge of warranties etc can you advise me whether I'll be covered or not, just don't want to be taken for a ride here. Cheers

·
If you want to save fuel buy a Camel & a shovel
350 Posts
I think if you had a head gasket problem you would have other signs. Like using water, or a performance issue. More likely the exhaust manifold gasket that is leaking. If it is, I can only imagine it will be hard to get at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts