Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fluid Measuring instrument Material property Font Gadget

I've got a 1.7 cdti astra 60 plate elite model. I've just had the mid and back box replaced on the exhaust and now my engine management light is on and I'm getting this code. Anyone know exactly what my issue is please. I'm pretty clueless with cars haha. The garage are saying it's nothing to do with the work they did and it's just a coincidence 馃ぃ. Thank you 馃憤

Premium Member
Clear it and see if it comes back, give it a few days to sort itself out. I replaced the full system on mine from front flexi all the way to a new back box, the EML light went off after 3 days

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You legend mate. Just turned it off again and the whole way to work it's stayed off (12 Miles) surely it won't come back on now yeh?. Cheers mate

Clear it and see if it comes back, give it a few days to sort itself out. I replaced the full system on mine from front flexi all the way to a new back box, the EML light went off after 3 days

Worn Out Member
Does that maxiscan show any live data ?
if so check the readings of EGTS 1&2 plus the IAT sensor are within 3c of each other after standing overnight

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does that maxiscan show any live data ?
if so check the readings of EGTS 1&2 plus the IAT sensor are within 3c of each other after standing overnight
No mate I just get the code you can see. Is there no way from the code to tell if it is a lambda sensor or temp sensor mate?. Am I right in saying there's two lambda sensors and two temp ones on thy exhaust. Cheers

Worn Out Member
It's EGT 2 (Exhaust Gas Temperature),nowt to do with the 02 sensors,
it doesn't mean the sensor is definitely faulty though,it could be wiring, possibly shorted to voltage somewhere

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's EGT 2 (Exhaust Gas Temperature),nowt to do with the 02 sensors,
it doesn't mean the sensor is definitely faulty though,it could be wiring, possibly shorted to voltage somewhere
Cheers for the replies mate. Am I right in saying it's this one I've put the yellow arrow to. This is just at thy back of the engine. Cheers mate

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've managed to get somewhere now 馃榿. I've unplugged the temp sensor underneath the cat and that brought up a totally different error code and that specified sensor 1. So that means sensor 2 which relates to my original error is further down the exhaust system here in the pic.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I've called euro parts and ces and both say they don't stock that part. I've managed to find sensor 1 which is alot smaller in length on eBay for 拢35 but I can't seem to find the one I need sensor two the longer one. Can anyone recommend where I could buy one please. Thanks in advance 馃憤

Worn Out Member
It's could be this one but you'll need to confirm it's actually the right one for whichever 1.7engine this is,they do vary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts