Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just a quick one!

I have a Veccy 2.0 Sri and the exhaust has started blowing quite a bit.

Does anyone know the common causes for this and is it easily put right?

Cheers

·
The wanderer returns!
2,156 Posts
A hole in any of the exhaust sections, joints not fitting correctly.

My back-box died and t sounded like it was blowing, does it rattle like there is something loose inside it?

Dave Marshall is just down the road from you and will probably have the replacement parts if you need them.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
the flexi in the front pipe can fail , makes most of its noise when the right foot is down ;)
the manifold gaskets also have a nasty habit of blowing , along with a couple of snapped studs usually.
neither problem is too bad to sort out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine Problems

Hi

A few things to ask! At the weekend i had a replacement SRI engine fitted.

During driving i have noticed the engine to be a little more noisy than it should be and the temperature was hitting 100!

Today i have drained all the coolant and fitted a new thermostat but the temperature is still rising alot more than it should be! This is happening only after a very short distance.

Also the exhaust is banging loads of white smoke out.

Any help would be great!

Thanks for the time!:Cool2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi

No the coolant level is staying the same and there are no usually signs apart from the overheating itself.

Its mainly when im driving really slow it just belts way up but normal driving its staying on 80-90 degrees!

Thanks

·
28,308 Posts
When the cooling system is cold the water just flows round the engine but when its got upto temperature the themostat opens which allows it to also flow through the radiator. Most themostats are rated around 90d I beleive before they open so the figure you quoted would be normal opening temp but white smoke does usually mean a knackered head gasket but there again you probably would be loosing water (& you said you arnt)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts