Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
car came back from garage today with 3 error codes been flagged up on the diagnostic machine.

Astra diesel
engine type X17DTL

000100 AIR FLOW SENSOR CIRCUIT

010500 CONSISTENCY BETWEEN ENGINE SPEED, INJECTED FUEL AND VECHICLE SPEED

020400 EXHAUST GAS RECYCLING INSUFFICIENT FLOW

can someone explain what these mean in simple English, and more importantly what i need to do to fix the errors

Ive just changed the EGR solenoid, it was only a 2nd hand one, its got 1 month guarantee with it, I'm guessing the error 020400 is still referring to the EGR??? possible have a faulty ERG maybe........

all help would be gratefully welcome

thanks Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi guys
car came back from garage today with 3 error codes been flagged up on the diagnostic machine.

Astra diesel
engine type X17DTL

000100 AIR FLOW SENSOR CIRCUIT

010500 CONSISTENCY BETWEEN ENGINE SPEED, INJECTED FUEL AND VECHICLE SPEED

020400 EXHAUST GAS RECYCLING INSUFFICIENT FLOW

can someone explain what these mean in simple English, and more importantly what i need to do to fix the errors

Ive just changed the EGR solenoid, it was only a 2nd hand one, its got 1 month guarantee with it, I'm guessing the error 020400 is still referring to the EGR??? possible have a faulty ERG maybe........

all help would be gratefully welcome

thanks Mark

1) Air flow sensor also known as MAF. This measures the volume of air into the intake and adjusts the fuel accordingly. If this is faulty you will get loss of power

2)Sounds like it is related to the MAF and EGR faults. In plain english, The amount of fuel thats going in your vehicle should be going faster.

3) EGR is still knackered. Time to use your waranty. If you are gonna go the cheapskate route clean your old egr valve. Don't buy secondhand.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) Air flow sensor also known as MAF. This measures the volume of air into the intake and adjusts the fuel accordingly. If this is faulty you will get loss of power

2)Sounds like it is related to the MAF and EGR faults. In plain english, The amount of fuel thats going in your vehicle should be going faster.

3) EGR is still knackered. Time to use your waranty. If you are gonna go the cheapskate route clean your old egr valve. Don't buy secondhand.
cheers mate

will get onto this as soon as i get time from work :Cool2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.