1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, i have a worrying/annoying electrical problem....symptoms as follows: -

1. Full beam indicator light flickering occasionally
2. Full beam lights turning themselves on, WITHOUT the leaver being touched
3. Battery light coming on FULL blast, volt gauge reading off the scale for 10 seconds, this happened twice within two minutes.
4. Not sure if this right or wrong, but voltgauge with just lights on reading roughly 12v when idling, and 14v when in motion.

Battery light is NOT on at all other than these two occasions (and at check control/heated seats on)

At time of batt light coming on on these two occasions the em light came on, i presume reading a 'voltage high' code?!

Any ideas people?!?! I'm thinking an earthing problem perhaps?!

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
addz1.8i said:
your stalk can possibly be fecked causing the Full beam lights turning themselves
had this - replaced and now works fine. saying that I have spares for sale.

·
6,336 Posts
Not sure, but I'd have thought so - if it's shorting it's going to affect more than just the lights themselves ?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers James, you dont think its the alternator then?? I've not had any charging issues or had the alternator/battery light on at any other times other than those stated.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Dunc said:
Cheers James, you dont think its the alternator then?? I've not had any charging issues or had the alternator/battery light on at any other times other than those stated.
Start small and work your way through the problems is all I can really advise. But as I say I have had the high beam flicking on issue - mostly when I was hitting bumps in the road :shame: but replacing the stalk stopped that. seems the simplest explaination. hope this is the case for you!

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Dunc said:
Anyone got a cruise stalk for sale??
not cruise :( just standard..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts