Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2002 2.2 CDX petrol Omega and I have a Low Beam Fld/Vision error on the dashboard display.
Normally this is due to a jammed suspension level sensor, and both headlights got to an extremely dipped position.
In my case both stick somewhere in the middle, in the same position. Headlamp motors look good. Suspension sensors look OK. So I think the controller is bust, or has lost power. Perhaps a loose plug.
Does anyone know where the controller is, and how I get to it?

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Nearside front just behind the damper, you will see the rod connected to the wishbone.

There is also one on the nearside rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xenon headlamp levelling controller unit / Low Beam Fld/Vision

Thanks but that is the position of the two sensors. It's the controller unit that I'm after. The two level sensor and the levelling motors in the headlamps all connect to a box that controlls them. I'm trying to work out where it is and how to get to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you get and answer?
I would have thought the controller was the ECU and the sensors front and rear send signals (voltages) to the ECU so that the ECU can tell the headlights at what angle the car is to the road.
Just because the level sensors look ok is not proof that they are; a diagnostic tool should tell you if the level sensors are really ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.