Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum and looking for guidance and any ideas. My partner owns a Vauxhall Corsa MK1 SRI 1.4 Twinport 2004. She bought it in a rush as she was desperate and needed one quick due to her old clio dying on her and she is a key worker and needed a car ASAP. The MOT seemed okay apart from a 2 year gap being off the road.

It seemed okay at first but started to notice the RPM was running at around 600rpm and it's a petrol. Sounded like a diesel engine at that point 馃檲 Noticed it was making a chugging noise everytime when pulling off from parked position or in 1st gear and sounds pretty rough. Engine check light was on and off but its stuck on now.

I'm thinking it's coming from the Manifold itself and sounds like rattling away while making that chugging noise. Funny thing is I own a audi a3 and after lockdown it's been sat there after being on furlough and my engine management came on and mine ended up chugging and took it to garage and it was due to my manifold being blocked up with carbon so I'm thinking the same here. Anyone know how much it would likely cost for corsa or any other ideas on what it could also be?

Many thanks

Premium Member
Sounds more like timing chain rattle, this engine does have loud ticking injectors but thats normal, have you had it scanned for fault codes, if not try the pedal trick and see what you get.

Super Moderator

post for how to do the pedal trick.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it does also sound like its ticking over too. What is this pedal trick? I haven't had diagnostics yet but it's going 8n garage today for a few other things. Did mention to partner to get it checked if she can.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Just picked up car. They didn't have time to do a diagnostic test but from listening to it running they though it would be the timing chain. Few friends think it's a load of rubbish as they don't trust the garage but it was the only place we could get it booked in with.

Friend thinks maybe changing coil pack and leads? Will post a vid up soon with the bonnet open and it running. Not a mechanic but any ideas or guidance would be great. Wish I did mechanics years ago now 馃檲 Will also try out the pedal trick too and see if that brings any light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts