Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the owners network and have have the same issue with P204B error code. I own an Insignia 2.0 litre Sir Nav CTDI Eflex SS and engine warning light has been coming on now and again. I can clear the code but after a while it just keeps coming back on. I have read in some of the forums that it may either be the crystallisation around the Adblue injector or possible the wiring. The actual error message I am getting is as follows; P204B $7E8 Generic, Reductant Pressure, Sensor Circuit, Range / Performance.
If there is anyone out there who has possibly has the same issue and found a fix / solution then it would be great to hear from you. Also if there are any mechanics on the forum who could also advise this would also be very much appreciated.
Regards Stuart

·
"Red One.."
2,992 Posts
Hi Stuart, could be one of a number of issues, these systems can be common for faults especially depending on what quality of AdBlue has been used through the car's life. Quite often stuck open dosing injector in the exhaust can cause low system pressure and flag this fault, also can suffer with pump module issues. White deposits in the tailpipe might give a clue.

Need to find a garage (be it independent or dealer level) that are confident with both knowledge and equipment in testing the operation of the system to give you a diagnosis. It's not an overly complicated system so the right place will be able to test effectively.

Have a read here too :) AdBlue (SCR System) Info/FAQ's | Vauxhall Owners Network Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Stuart, could be one of a number of issues, these systems can be common for faults especially depending on what quality of AdBlue has been used through the car's life. Quite often stuck open dosing injector in the exhaust can cause low system pressure and flag this fault, also can suffer with pump module issues. White deposits in the tailpipe might give a clue.

Need to find a garage (be it independent or dealer level) that are confident with both knowledge and equipment in testing the operation of the system to give you a diagnosis. It's not an overly complicated system so the right place will be able to test effectively.

Have a read here too :) AdBlue (SCR System) Info/FAQ's | Vauxhall Owners Network Forum

Nick H

Thanks for your reply and I will have a look at the tail pipe to see if can see any white deposits. The car is booked into an independent garage for next week for them to have a look. I will ask them to check the injector to see if it is clogged or even in the open position.
As the car has mostly been sitting on the driveway for the majority of last year would this cause the Adblue to crystallise and possibly cause the fault code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts