Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have purchased this car a couple months back and while servicing it I noticed no engine undercover.
I managed to find one on ebay which lines up ok with some bolts and availble holes.

Thing is, I have heard online that the insigna petrol does not have the underlay but only the diesel model does, and mostly for Germany to help with noise regulations. This does make a bit of sense as all the sellers for my underlay seemed east European or German.

I have the underlay now but while it can fit, I am not sure it is supposed to be fitted to my model. I was wandering it others here with the same car could confirm if their model has the engine undercover? I am also wandering if there a reason, other than having to remove it when doing an oil change, that I should not attach it?

·
Worn Out Member
6,576 Posts
Is this a Corsa (as per thread heading) or an Insignia ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Worn Out Member
6,576 Posts
Just the o/s splash shield listed (1 &2) there's no undertray (5) listed other than for "bad road package"

Untitled picture.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the o/s splash shield listed (1 &2) there's no undertray (5) listed other than for "bad road package"

View attachment 94755

OK thanks for posting. So it seems the UK models just have the small shield (2) (which mine does have fitted) but not the large plate (5).

I purchased both as a set on ebay and it can certainly fit. Perhaps it was a pain having to take it off for oil change so they didn't bother. I imagine it would be handy to prevent rust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts