Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I currently have a 1999 2.0 DTi Vectra. Im about to drop another engine in as the diesel pump has gone on the current engine, but are my options limited to just the same engine?

The engine im looking at is out a 1998 DTi and looks the same. However the model is a 1998 LS whereas mine is a 1999 CDX. Will this make a difference to the computer in terms of sensors and stuff?

Alternatively can i put in a 2.2DTi from the same shape or maybe even the newer shape?

Im more concerned about if the engine HAS to be from the same model e.g. CDX engine to CDX model and LS engine to LS model?

And can you tell from the VIN number if the engine your getting will be the same as yours?

Cheers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Taking a wild guess here but could it be something to do with HIGH pressure and LOW pressure engines used in different variants???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seem to remember reading somewhere think it was bba reman that the electronics can be removed and swapped on to the new pump to save recoding obviously only works if the electonics are ok .engine mounts wont line up on a 2.2dti

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seem to remember reading somewhere think it was bba reman that the electronics can be removed and swapped on to the new pump to save recoding obviously only works if the electonics are ok .engine mounts wont line up on a 2.2dti
I was thinking the 2.2 DTi might present that sort of problem. :shake

But as for the re-coding, im told that as long as i use the exact same pump i might not have to get it re-coded at all, and if i do then im looking at about £100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts