Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Its been a very long time since I've been on here.....think it was April last year :O!! Anyway my car has been sat in my garage for the past 6 or so months waiting for me to get enough money to sort it out. To cut a long story short the head is a write off and potentially the block is also dead. Apart from spending lots and lots of money fixing it/reconditioning it, the only option I have is the replace the engine(?).

I have some questions:
1) My car has a Z16XE engine. I've seen a few on eBay (2nd hand) from Zafiras and Astras. Will they fit my car? They look the same as mine, however I've read on different forums that you also need the correct ECU? and key?
2) My car has been sat there for a very long time now, in a garage. What other bits should I be looking at? My car has done 72k, should I also be looking at the clutch to see if its ok? I know that the brakes, exhaust and steering will need attention before driving it.
3) What are the legalities of swapping an engine? I'm doing a like for like swap, no mods. I know that I'll need to change the V5, and I've heard that I need to inform the insurance......is there anything else I need to do?

At the mo, they are the questions I have.

Many Thanks!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you are swapping like for like I see no need to inform your insurance, but you will need to get the V5 updated with the new engine number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts