Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never steam cleaned my engine before and was wondering what all would I need to avoid when doing so.

Obviously I know about the fuses and electrics but is there any other main areas that steam/water should stay clear from?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Never had this done to any of my cars--used to do it on the farmers tractors i used to work for--i used to use something like Gunk but it was brush on flush off with water--don't think using jet washers in an engine bay is a good idea,but thats up to you--high pressure water and electrics do not mix!!!----Dave

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had this done to any of my cars--used to do it on the farmers tractors i used to work for--i used to use something like Gunk but it was brush on flush off with water--don't think using jet washers in an engine bay is a good idea,but thats up to you--high pressure water and electrics do not mix!!!----Dave
Ok thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,556 Posts
As dave says car electrics and water don't mix, if you did do it then you would have to waterproof all electrics and air intakes, some people prefer to do it with the engine running, you could always do it by hand 151 do a Engine De-greaser in spray form, I've used that before, my turret tops were rammy, sprayed some de-greaser on a cloth and wiped it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts