Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Ive had my 1.9 cdti for a year now. Its been fine- i cleaned the EGR valve last year when it seemed to use a lot of fuel. just recently the car seems to be missing fuel, the power is low then goes back to normal within a second or 2. Its either fuel getting blocked somewhere or could it be the EGR again? would this make the car do that if it was all sooted up again?

If not that how easy and expensive is it to change a fuel filter?

thanks

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
probo your egr again, have you taken it for a blast up the motorway for 20mins in 4th gear? this is what vx recommend we do in order of creating a suitable condition for a regen to occur. I'm on my 5th egr valve now given i do very little motorway miles. i can usually tell when mine needs done as the car accelerates poorly until turbo kicks in and mpg drops to 36ish. i haven't routinely tried the motorway blast trick but i will have to now as the car's warranty is soon the expire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jock

Thanks for the email. I do liitle m/way miles too, so might have to try that. Do you mean that should clear it out if i do that? or will it probably still need a clean?

thanks

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
Apparently if you try the motorway blast every couple of months then it should be enough to keep it clean. My previous valves completely seized putting my car in limp mode and turning the eml on. When this happens it's to late for a self fix as the fault will have to be cleared by tech2. Loads on this site about it, read the other day of a taxi driver who was adding some fuel cleaner every few months as his was constantly sooting up with all his start stop journeys. will have a search for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts