Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

461 - 467 of 467 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
its sounds like it wanted to start, was that the noise of the pulley dropping off at the end, some fresh diesel may help, been stood along time

·
11,770 Posts
It did sound very close to starting.
Cycle the ignition a few times to warm the 3 glow plugs up before attemtping your next start. A spray of Easy Start might help downstream of the MAF sensor just to fire it up.
Fresh diesel of course is a very good idea.

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
Put the pulley on & i think she’ll fire up , she sounded ok as regards the engine itself so if everything is set up correctly she should fire up without any other assistance being required.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
Put the pulley and belt back on..

I persevered and it briefly started, before I turned it off immediately as it sounded awful. No Lound abcl or anything, but a real colicky clacky noise. I know it's not going to sound good on first start up but the noise scared me lol.

I tried to start up again so I could get a brief video but it wouldn't start.

I'll get a computer to plug it in, and recharge battery which I have no killed and try catch it on camera.

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
Put the pulley and belt back on..

I persevered and it briefly started, before I turned it off immediately as it sounded awful. No Lound abcl or anything, but a real colicky clacky noise. I know it's not going to sound good on first start up but the noise scared me lol.

I tried to start up again so I could get a brief video but it wouldn't start.

I'll get a computer to plug it in, and recharge battery which I have no killed and try catch it on camera.
Your in good company , they had this exact problem with Apollo 11.
The rocket boosters didn’t work on take off , someone forgot to put the belts back on the pulleys lol 😆

461 - 467 of 467 Posts