421 - 440 of 467 Posts

·
Worn Out Member
5,131 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Thank you. Would know what size to fit on top of injector.

I see a lot of the connectors for sale say, to fit common bosch fuel rail so wondered whether they were a standard size.

·
Premium Member
13,532 Posts
Standard fitting. Just make sure you buy the one that corresponds to your make injector, so if you have Denso injectors then buy that kit, if you have Bosch buy that kit, you get the idea,..

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
So could we be looking at a pre Xmas test fire up & probably a run round the block ?
If so I’ll get baking the mince pies :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Turns out my excitement was premature.

I messed up... Big time, right at the last hurdle.

Everything was back on, all I had to do was put the glow plugs back on as one was removed when I got new head. I said the torque to 14nm, was tightening up which was going fine, and then suddenly it stopped tightening and now just keeps spinning. I can't undo it or remove it. It is loose as it wobbles but I cant remove. Now fear I have broken it, despite following the Haynes torque. The torque wrench I have isn't very good at lower nm, so maybe it didn't click.

I've had to leave the car now as I feel physically sick and may need to see if I can get someone to extract it. You couldn't write this 😭 please someone give me some hope.

·
11,771 Posts
Worse case scenario the head comes off and you get the thread helicoiled.
  1. Best case, you get it extracted and someone might be able to helicoil it in situ. But as you know they are not that easy to get at.

·
11,771 Posts
Really need a low range torque wrench. I use a 0 to 15 for those sort of things.
Feel your pain, done similar myself.

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
I'd better hold off on them mince pies then for now.
All's not lost just a slight delay.
In the famous words of Henry the Eighth , " Off with her head " lol :)

·
11,771 Posts
At least you can install the valve stem seals at the same time that you left off. (y) 😁

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
Slight delay? Lol it took me 3 months to get the head back on to this point, I can't do it again 😭 have to buy all new gaskets and stuff, will the car run out 3 glow plugs? Or will the computer stop her.

I want rid now, just go dump her down at the auction.

See loads of extractor kits for sale for glow plugs. Are these not very reliable.

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
Slight delay? Lol it took me 3 months to get the head back on to this point, I can't do it again 😭 have to buy all new gaskets and stuff, will the car run out 3 glow plugs? Or will the computer stop her.

I want rid now, just go dump her down at the auction.

See loads of extractor kits for sale for glow plugs. Are these not very reliable.
She’ll run on just 3 but your SVS warning light will be displayed.
You could try an extractor kit.

·
Premium Member
13,532 Posts
Have you used Google to try and find a local glow plug removal company, some are mobile some you would need to take the car to them, by no means is it the end of the world mate, will probably only take someone 30 minutes to get that out.
keep rebuilding and get it running then worry about having it removed, there are a few people down here in Bristol that remove them, all is not lost mate, keep going,....(y)

421 - 440 of 467 Posts