Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be appreciated. I have a Vauxhall Meriva B 2010. Twice in the past few weeks whilst sitting in very heavy traffic the engine has overheated. Blowing the fans with hot air has cooled it down. When the engine has been overheating a Code 4 error has came up which the handbook states Air Conditioning Off.

There are no leaks, coolant level is fine. All the fuses are in working order and nothing seems lose or worn. Looking in and deliberately running the car to overheat (took approx 20mins) the fan did not kick in.

The car has just had a full service and MOT.

After a load of Internet searching it could possibly be the Cooling Fan Switch however looking into the bonnet I can't work out where this would be and also I can't find any for the Meriva at all online to order in.

Can anyone advise if they have had similar problems? Thanks

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,019 Posts
Right have to admit no one has been daft enough to let me play with their Meriva B. But there are 2 relays and 3 fuses in the fusebox plus a resistor on the radiator shroud to give you reduced fan speed/load. Fuses are numbered 5, 8 and 9. Sorry but I just don't have too much info on the B series.

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
Have replaced a few thermostats on these engines for overheating issues due to them sticking. Could be worth a check, and also a fault code check to see if there are any relevant overheat codes stored.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.