Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
alan g h
You are right the oil pressure being low doesn’t affect the brakes the issue is the timing belt breaking up and producing fibres which block the sump oil strainer ( hence low oil pressure ) however in some cases apparently the same fibres are small enough to
damage the vacuum pump and brake booster which apparently causes a harder brake pedal hence braking issues .
This is outlined on car-recalls .eu article dated 231120

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own 2 crossland X. Mine at 4 years old bought from new, petrol and 33000 miles with the issue. Only used for short journeys to work and school run.
My wife has a 3 1/2 year old diesel version 2nd hand and 78000 miles. Longer journeys for her line of work and holiday trips. No issues yet however don't know if timing belt was previously changed or if in fact hers is flaking as I type 🙄.

I have emailed vauxhall customer services (no surprise they haven't replied) but will be emailing again with this information from all your help.

Oh and have a mechanic coming Wednesday to drop the sump and check strainer for £106. Will update what he finds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fortunately, there’s a backup plan, and it may all start with you — the car owner. If you notice a problem with your vehicle, you can report it to the DVSA. Your complaint will become part of a public database, and if other people report a similar problem, the DVSA may open an investigation that could result in a car recall.

Will also be contacting them and suggest anyone with similar issue does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for so many posts!
Registered this complaint with Vauxhall and DVSA linking both this thread and the Peugeot recall. Hopefully they will pay attention and please if you have same issue do likewise. Peugeot recognised the fault and did a recall, Vauxhall should do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
phil
Thank you for your reply and info re databases
Regarding your contact with Vauxhall’s service and apparently lack of action over your e mail have you actually spoke to them I read on another forum some time ago that somebody had telephoned them and had been informed the dept was being closed and merged with a Peugeot/Citroen call centre in the near future as all the companies are owned by the same group ( I don’t know how true the closure tale is true but it appeared to be happening this year )
I would like to think that any emails sent to old addresses would automatically forward on but you never know , I would imagine a telephone call and mention of lack of action and databases might get you some action.
Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
phil
Thank you for your reply and info re databases
Regarding your contact with Vauxhall’s service and apparently lack of action over your e mail have you actually spoke to them I read on another forum some time ago that somebody had telephoned them and had been informed the dept was being closed and merged with a Peugeot/Citroen call centre in the near future as all the companies are owned by the same group ( I don’t know how true the closure tale is true but it appeared to be happening this year )
I would like to think that any emails sent to old addresses would automatically forward on but you never know , I would imagine a telephone call and mention of lack of action and databases might get you some action.
Good luck
To be fair to Vauxhall I should at least give them a bit more time to reply to my complaint I only made it this week. The lack of a car just makes it urgent in my head. Ombudsman usually require 8 weeks of no action before they get involved, ive not given them 8 days yet.
Thanks for the update on the merged call centre info I will call them to check on email address for complaints

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
Did anyone check out my link i posted yesterday to the thread on the Grandland forum?
if there is a special coverage then Vx may already have admitted there's a problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did Valer thanks alot,
I had indeed got the wrong email address and have called Vauxhall who were infact very helpful so far and have opened a case for me.
I have included the Peugeot recall notice and will add the Grandland X post you kindly linked, hopefully there is some result.
Personally I think a recall is needed if it previously needed one not a special warranty but will wait and see

41 - 49 of 49 Posts