Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Vauxhall Crossland x 1.2turbo.
My engine management light came on saying it needed a repair and then the engine oil pressure too low sign came on.
The car is serviced under a Vauxhall service plan. Has anybody had this kind of issue?
Is there any known issues with the Crossland like this that would be like the recall that happened on the Zafira b?
It would be very much appreciated if someone could come back on this.

·
Premium Member
3,659 Posts
I'm guessing this has a Peugeot engine, as the car is a rebadged Peugeot/Citroen.
If it's the engine with a cam belt running in the oil, they have had a lot of trouble with the belts breaking up and blocking the oilways.
I would suggest you have a read of Peugeot forums (same layout as this one), and search for the problem.
Here's a link to a thread about the timing belts (admin, please remove if this is not allowed):

·
Premium Member
3,659 Posts
My engine management light came on saying it needed a repair and then the engine oil pressure too low sign came on.
The car is serviced under a Vauxhall service plan. Has anybody had this kind of issue?
Is there any known issues with the Crossland like this that would be like the recall that happened on the Zafira b?
Any news on what was wrong?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Tam,
I drive the same car 2017 and have exactly the same fault showing.
First said engine fault-repair required followed by engine oil pressure low - stop the vehicle
Did you get to the problem of the same problems you had encountered and if so what did you need to do to rectify it?
I have not driven my car since the warning a few weeks ago but when I turn it over the warning remains on the display and the engine sounds lumpy.
Any information from anyone much appreciated

·
Worn Out Member
8,777 Posts
From the looks of his profile,
a one time poster and after asking for help (and getting it) never bothered to come back :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a new forum user (1st time ever) and unfamiliar with following the threads etc so posted in the hope of finding some useful information or feedback.
Once my problem is resolved I will happily share my findings / resolution

·
Premium Member
3,659 Posts
I'm a new forum user (1st time ever) and unfamiliar with following the threads etc so posted in the hope of finding some useful information or feedback.
Once my problem is resolved I will happily share my findings / resolution
If you look at my post above (#2), there is a link to a Peugeot forum, dealing with a similar problem.
The Crossland is simply a re-badged Peugeot, so it's a good possibility this is the same problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks this link is very informative!
I have a mechanic looking at it this week for me so will share this with him.
Thanks this link is very informative!
I have a mechanic looking at it this week for me so will share this with him.
Update today!
So we dropped the sump today to investigate the problem and our findings were interesting and probably what we had expected to see ( before and after photos attached of strainer) basically the wet cam belt is starting to deteriorate losing fibres into the oil resulting in a large build up at the strainer. This obviously then causing engine oil pressure low notification. Parts ordered and sump/oil back now to try and all looks and sounds okay. Replacement cam belt kit to be now fitted on arrival in next few days.
Hope this can help anyone in the future.
Fluid Drink Distilled beverage Alcoholic beverage Engine
k
Space Metal Machine Steel

·
Worn Out Member
8,777 Posts
I wonder what oil it's been running on ?
they only introduced the 0w20 oil early in 2020 with this warning
Text White Line Font Black-and-white

·
Premium Member
3,659 Posts
According to what I remember reading on the Peugeot forum, the belt has been modified and it is critical to use the correct engine oil.
I haven't looked on the Ford forums, but some of their engines also use a wet timing belt set up. Has anyone heard of similar problems on them?
Update today!
So we dropped the sump today to investigate the problem and our findings were interesting and probably what we had expected to see ( before and after photos attached of strainer) basically the wet cam belt is starting to deteriorate losing fibres into the oil resulting in a large build up at the strainer. This obviously then causing engine oil pressure low notification. Parts ordered and sump/oil back now to try and all looks and sounds okay. Replacement cam belt kit to be now fitted on arrival in next few days.
Hope this can help anyone in the future.
I hope your engine was caught in time, and is not damaged.
Please keep us updated on progress, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
According to what I remember reading on the Peugeot forum, the belt has been modified and it is critical to use the correct engine oil.
I haven't looked on the Ford forums, but some of their engines also use a wet timing belt set up. Has anyone heard of similar problems on them?

I hope your engine was caught in time, and is not damaged.
Please keep us updated on progress, thanks.
Think the engine is okay and will keep posting on any future developments
Thank you
I wonder what oil it's been running on ?
they only introduced the 0w20 oil early in 2020 with this warning
View attachment 95999
Do you know what the new CSS Family engines are?
How do I know if mine is or isn't?

·
Worn Out Member
8,777 Posts
There's a few different 1.2's fitted in the Crossland but i'm fairly sure they're all wet belts,
i should probably know but i'm not sure what css refers too,

Post the reg or vin and i'll check exactly which engine it is

·
Worn Out Member
8,777 Posts
Ok that's a B12XHL (LES) engine
Spec>ENGINE-GAS, 3 CYL, L3, 1.2L, SIDI, DOHC, VVT, ALUM, TURBO,GEN 1 (PSA)
it is a psa engine so not included in the new oil spec sheet they released,i would confirm with a dealer exactly which oil you should be using,the last recommended i can see is still dexos1 gen2
If you need instructions for the belt change,i will have them somewhere,just pm me if you need them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts