Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need to replace the throwout bearing on my car, complete with the clutch. but the mechanic who is going to give me a quote needs the engine serial number, and since the engine was changed before I bought it, I can't know for sure it is the same engine that Autosys says it is. The problem I have is that I can't find/do not know where the engine serial number/engine code is, where can I find this (on the engine)?

i´m from Norway, so sorry about my bad English

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent been able to upload until now, But i have attached multiple pictures of both the engine and some from the top of the transmission, atleast the ones i could Get from the engine bay. He said i either needed a 200mm or a 205mm clutchplate. Is there any way to tell what size i need from the pictures? Or is there somewhere i can find the information on/around the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not sure about older engines models but mine had it stamped on a smoothed off section of the engine block close to where it joins the gearbox and next to the oil filter.

If it's the same as mine, it'll be hard to read but you should be able to spot a few tell tail stamp dots and then give it a scrub to read the rest...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found it, X16XEL, but is there any way of knowing what size of clutch i need? Can i for example use a 200mm if i’ve got the flywheel for a 205mm? Because when i checked with the dealer up against the registration he said he got up the two different sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts