Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine not firing first time after camshaft sensor replaced

[Astra Mk5/H] [04-09] 
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Astrapaz79 
#1 ·
Hi, I recently replaced the camshaft inlet sensor with a cambiare one due to a huge lack of power and having the p0340 -04 code.

Car now runs perfect with no glitches apart from starting issues, which is a bit weird

Quite often when starting (but not all the time) it won't fire the first key turn but always fires on the second!

It will sound like its turning over but not actually fire (almost like immobilizer is cutting in) then the second time I try it starts!

Its only done this since changing the camshaft sensor! it was only £26 form my local car parts place who told me they are a good reliable make and i shouldn't have any problems!

I have heard that the sensor maybe slightly out of alignment or something or should i just get it refunded and swapped with a better brand!

Like I say though car runs perfectly since changing it but 7/10 dosen't start first time...

Advice pleeeease

Registration if it helps: VO08 DYA Astra H 1.6 Estate Design

See less See more
#2 ·
If it was starting ok before I'd ditch the sensor and fit genuine. These engine management systems dont like aftermarket shite and the parts guys will tell you what you want to hear to secure the sale. I never fit aftermarket camsensors/cranksensor due to the problems they cause rather than solve.

My advice is stick with genuine even if it means gambling with a used one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.