Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently replaced the camshaft inlet sensor with a cambiare one due to a huge lack of power and having the p0340 -04 code.

Car now runs perfect with no glitches apart from starting issues, which is a bit weird

Quite often when starting (but not all the time) it won't fire the first key turn but always fires on the second!

It will sound like its turning over but not actually fire (almost like immobilizer is cutting in) then the second time I try it starts!

Its only done this since changing the camshaft sensor! it was only £26 form my local car parts place who told me they are a good reliable make and i shouldn't have any problems!

I have heard that the sensor maybe slightly out of alignment or something or should i just get it refunded and swapped with a better brand!

Like I say though car runs perfectly since changing it but 7/10 dosen't start first time...

Advice pleeeease

Registration if it helps: VO08 DYA Astra H 1.6 Estate Design

·
Premium Member
16,267 Posts
If it was starting ok before I'd ditch the sensor and fit genuine. These engine management systems dont like aftermarket shite and the parts guys will tell you what you want to hear to secure the sale. I never fit aftermarket camsensors/cranksensor due to the problems they cause rather than solve.

My advice is stick with genuine even if it means gambling with a used one.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Thank you, just spoke to garage and they are swap for a Delphy cam sensor
Delphi should be okay the crank sensor in my Astra H I changed to a Delphi a couple of years ago and it's been okay. Delphi actually make a lot of parts for GM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi still having a few issues starting the engine although not as bad as before, does anyone know the genuine make of camshafts sensor for this car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.