Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car into dealer for 2nd time as the EML keeps coming on! For 2nd time he has cleared all codes and reset ECU but when driving home light still came on. When I accelerate to 3000 + revs the light kicks in

Car is Vectra 2 litre DTI

Costing me fortune any ideas out there!

C

·
0 Posts
Take it back and get them to read codes free of charge :Cool2:
Could be a boosting problem, but it's what diagnostics are designed for.
So they cleared the codes, what codes were present?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt tell me codes but i got told shouldnt be accelerating too hard even tho light comes on at 3 - 4000 revs which when have accelerate to speed on motorway is needed

C

·
0 Posts
Colin Duff said:
didnt tell me codes but i got told shouldnt be accelerating too hard even tho light comes on at 3 - 4000 revs which when have accelerate to speed on motorway is needed
Really, how great is that advice? :rolleyes:
Should be able to floor it to the redline in every gear without the light coming on. If it comes on there's a fault (obviously).
Best take it back and tell them to act on the code/s that appear :Cool2:
Or ask for the throttle to be adjusted so you can only use half throttle, as they can't do their jobs properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have spoken to original dealer who has offered me £200 to sort problem out rather than him to organise.
Have been to my local dealers Hargreaves Morecambe who couldn't have been more helpful. He put car on machine found the code and even fixed the problem which was a crack on vacuum pipe free of charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts